Open today: 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Dinner cruise

Just heading home from a bunkys dinner cruise. Very very nice. ..cruise was relaxing and the... read more

Reviewed August 10, 2018
ITALIANIRISHGIRL
MARYLAND
via mobile
Great place for information a bait.

Very friendly place! Great information and directions to the best current fishing spots. Great... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
bob A

All reviews great trip bait cruise bay lighthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

We signed up for the fireworks cruise on the Fourth of July. The boat was 15 minutes late leaving (7:15) - for unknown reasons - although there was a lot of activity at the engine. When we finally took off, the captain apologized for the delay and said he'd make it up to us. He told us we'd travel an hour past the bridge, turn around and then come back to anchor for the fireworks. We turned around less than an hour after we left and anchored at 8:32 PM. We were back at the dock by 10:00 - the time we were supposed to return. The lost 15 minutes, which were paid for, were not made up to us.

The fireworks were great, the establishment was disappointing.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank K5762YWrobc
Reviewed September 12, 2016

I called in the middle of the week asking about morning trip of Friday. My daughter was here from Oklahoma visiting and wanted to do some fishing and spend time with me. This was very important to me. I was assured there would not be an issue. Arrived early on Friday. Total of five people showed up. They would not take us out unless we paid for 5 more people. They waited long enough before canceling the trip so we were not able to get a walk on with another charter boat. I have heard good things about Bunky's head boat service. I would tell you to use another charter boat. Not sure if Bunky's service is hit and miss or if business is in decline.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Larry C
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

We wanted to rent a boat that would hold 14 people. They only had a charter boat and said we could use that but that a captain would drive us. I specifically asked when I booked it if we could bring our own poles to fish (simple "throw back" fishing.) The girl said, "oh yea. No problem." On the DAY OF our trip my sister called again to confirm and asked if we should bring our own poles. The girl said, "we have poles you can use." Upon arriving we were told there was NO FISHING allowed. We had also checked their website about food options (planning to eat lunch on the boat.) Their website clearly states that they have sandwiches available. Nope. The only food to buy was chips. Although we weren't off to a great start, we paid and waited to board. The captain was running behind so we had to stand waiting in the blazing heat for 10-15 minutes. The actual trip was ok and the captain was receptive to our suggestions (which is why I gave 2 stars instead of 1.) The employees and owner need to update the website and clearly communicate what is allowed on each boat and what food is available. If nothing else, an apology would've been nice. They made it seem like WE overreacted when THEY were the ones who gave false information. I'd avoid this place and try somewhere else next time.

Date of experience: July 2016
3  Thank lsjmhart
Reviewed June 23, 2016

The only reason we chartered with Bunky’s is to catch Rockfish. This was our third trip with Bunky’s. Last year’s outing was good, we caught our limit and also caught other fish. This year on Bunky’s recommendation, we decided to book his Sunday, 11 June trip (with 7 days’ notice) instead of a trip in July. He stated people who chartered the first week in June caught their limits of Rockfish. This year we didn’t see or catch any Rockfish. The only fish caught were Perch and Croakers for a grand total of 12 for the fishing party of 12 people. The most fish caught was Toad fish. We paid a lot (including a 20% “tip” in advance) for the charter.
At about 3 hours into the 4-hour charter the captain anchored the boat and we dropped lines. Since nothing was biting, besides Toad fish, the captain decided to pull up the anchor and try another location. Much to everyone’s surprise the anchor was stuck. The captain and first mate tried to dislodge it, but nothing would work. The captain radioed in to Bunky to discuss how to free up the anchor and he must have told him several methods to dislodge it. After 2 hours of not being successful, the captain finally decided to disconnect the anchor and tie a buoy (empty oil jug) to it for a diver to return the next day to retrieve. Instead of returning to the dock, the captain was told to meet another one of Bunky’s boats and get their spare anchor. By then, it was almost 6 PM, on a Sunday. After meeting the other boat, for some reason someone decided not to get the anchor (more time was wasted trying to get both boats close to each other). The captain said to everyone, “we lost 2 hours trying to free-up the anchor, we’ll add those on to your end time.” Most decided to go back to the dock because if we stayed out for 2 more hours we wouldn’t get back to the dock until 8:30, then it would take at least another hour to clean the fish, if we caught any! A few of us live 3 hours away, there’s no way we could’ve gone back out fishing and gotten home at a decent time and make it to work the next day.
The organizer of our charter wanted to discuss our issue with Bunky. He tried to tell him that we should at least get some type of consideration, not for the lack of Rock fish or any other edible fish, but for the missing 2 hours and tip. Bunky totally ignored his request. Since we were repeat customers, one would think he’d have the decency to provide consideration whether it’s another discounted outing or partial refund. He didn’t have the professionalism to do either. This is the last time we will use Bunky’s Charters!!!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank hobbycars
Reviewed June 13, 2016

This place takes crooked to a whole new level. Wow. We usually organize our trip in July but Brian said that we would have to go in June in order to get Rockfish. I called to other places nearby and they warned me about Bunky's that they were crooks. Man, I should have listened! They said they don't want to spend the money to go out further and that's how they make their money. I went with Bunky's despite this warning because they had a bigger boat. Wow oh wow. After a short time, no rockfish as promised. I explained most wanted Rockfish, but we agreed reluctantly despite Brian's promises we would get rockfish. Then, we get stuck for over 2 hours in the hot sun because the anchor will go up. No communication about what is going on, just stuck. They offered to take us out later (not for rockfish, just spot) but it was already late in the day on a Sunday. When we got back, I asked to speak to the owner and told him we were disappointed. Before I could explain what happened, he literally turned his back to me and my friend and he walked away. I contacted him for a partial refund and it became an unprofessional yelling match. I tried my best to find a middle ground and work out something, but this guy is a complete jerk. This place is an absolute joke. We will be filing a formal complaint with the government.

Date of experience: June 2016