“Great Place for a break”

Kim's Key Lime Pie and Lotus Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This local owned and operated "kitchen" offers great coffee and the famous Kim's Key Lime Pies. Sometimes they have live music and open mic poetry nights. A great place to take a break during your visit to the Solomons Island area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Walked by and the live (front lawn) music grabbed our attention. Decided to go in and give it a try. We purchased a bottle of wine and sat on the screened porch (outside tables were occupied) and enjoyed the live music. The following day we returned for breakfast, and had the bacon, brie, spinach and egg coissant - EXCELLENT!!!!! This is a definite return!! I heard the Key Lime pie is delicious, and by counting the number of people who were buying an entire pie, I guess the pie is infamous!!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After two local people recommended Lotus Kitchen for lunch (without us asking about a lunch place), we had to go. It is a small, charming house where you place your order and can sit in one of the quaint rooms inside, on the front porch or outside. The food is fresh and more gourmet with interesting choices. The special of the day was a squash quiche which my friend said was delicious and a spring mix salad with feta, cucumbers, etc with a balsamic dressing which was so large with everything so fresh it seemed liked it was just picked from the garden. I saw a wrap going to another table that was so full I was sure they couldn't pick it up.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I decided to try out Lotus with a girlfriend this past Friday afternoon for lunch, as their menu online looked great, and I'm always looking for local spots to try something different (than the standard Applebee's fare). What a cute place! The indoor area is decorated cozily with a lot of seating options, whether you are just having coffee or enjoying a lunch. The staff was extremely friendly, and as I waited for my friend to arrive I took a look at the sandwich/salad menu and was pleasantly surprised at the creative dishes- and nearly everything is named after a Star Wars character! Once my friend arrived, we ordered in the back and took a seat out on the lawn under an umbrella. I ordered the Luau Leia, which was a hoisin pork bbq in a pita with tropical salsa and queso fresca, and my friend ordered The Vader, which is salami, mozzarella, roasted red peppers, spinach, olive tapenade, and basil olive oil all grilled into a panini. We both chose the curry potato salad for our side, and I got a blackberry italian soda for a beverage (though it looks like they have an extensive wine menu and a few beer selections). Holy cow- it was all outstanding! The pork was tender and flavorful, and my friend said that The Vader was literally the best lunch she had ever had. The potato salad was delicious as well- the curry added a little hint of flavor that was unexpected and very complimentary. All in all, the service was fast, the food was fresh and delicious, and the prices were very reasonable. I WILL be back!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Solomon's isn't much of a breakfast town, so thank goodness for this cozy spot. Tasty breakfast sandwiches on yummy ciabatta. Good espresso based coffees. And a piece of yummy key lime pie to go.