“Average bordering on Poor”
Review of Stoney's Solomon's Pier - CLOSED

Stoney's Solomon's Pier
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were seated promptly; however, our server was not especially helpful with the menu. We ordered the crab soup, which is crab meat in a vegtable type soup. It was OK, but nothing extraordinary. My husband had the peel and eat shrimp, which we HUGE and cooked well. I had the crabcake entree, which was a small little lump that they charged too much for and wasn't seasoned very much. It was good, but certainly not worth the price. You'd be better off to order the crabcake sandwich, which would be more filling and probably more satisfying. Also, the steamed veggies I ordered with the crabcake apparently couldn't be cooked timely to come out with the entree and had to be brought out separately. I was quite disappointed since this restaurant is really right on the water and supposedly known for it's local cuisine. I'd recommend for a casual lunch and not for a nice dinner on the water. It's also apparently known for it's bar.

There are newer reviews for Stoney's Solomon's Pier

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Solomon's Pier Restaurant
14575 Solomons Island Rd
Solomons, MD 20688
(410) 326-2424
7/5/2010
We have been to this place 3 times. Enough is enough. We have given it a chance because we are locals but I would say - Don't go to this place. Give the other restaurants in this great town a chance. Every single time we have visited they have been OUT of major seafood items - crab, oysters, fish. It is crazy. This time they were out of eggs! They are not on an a real island - give me a break. Some server boy wheeled a big scary trash can through the main dining area. We actually asked to move to another table by the already rude dismissive hostess staff - insane. We were not asked if we wanted water and when they brought my toddler dinner finally after a 40 minute wait for our food - she informed me it took so long because the grilled cheese sandwich was FROZEN. The fruit cup was Dole canned and they raw oysters had shells in them. Dont go here. Visit for a cocktail but eat somewhere else.

Reviewed June 25, 2010

This restaurant was so good that my husband and I went back two days in a row, something we almost never do when we're on vacation. The first day we ate steamed hard crabs - excellent and a good price, compared to what we paid in Baltimore. The next day my husband ate the crab cake - and said it was the best he'd had in a restaurant. I ate the Crab Louis Salad and truly enjoyed it, a big compliment from me because I usually don't rave about salads. The atmosphere could not be beat; we sat in the enclosed bar, out of the sun but with all the doors open, over the water, with the wind blowing. Perfect food, perfect beer, perfect atmosphere!

1  Thank HenryNC7
Reviewed January 28, 2010

we didn't have the crab cake but the food we ordered was delicious. i had 2 appetizer items (1/2 dozen oyster and jerk chicken) and my husband a fish greek sandwich. nothing special about the food but simply prepared well. we enjoyed the evening until it was time to pay.

3  Thank hawa38
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I visited this restaurant many times several years ago for the excellent crab cakes.

After a return visit today to show the place off, I am very sad to say the crab cakes are not longer great. In fact, they're awful. Ours were so dry, my wife could not finish.

My best advice would be to avoid the place.

2  Thank JustRuss