“Dinner Specials On Monday & Tuesday Nights”
Review of Stoney's Solomon's Pier - CLOSED

Stoney's Solomon's Pier
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Dinner Specials On Monday & Tuesday Nights”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stumbled onto the Monday and Tuesday night dinner specials by accident. On Monday a pound of boiled shrimp goes for 10 bucks and on Tuesday a pound and a half of crab legs goes for 12 bucks. Add an order of a dozen oysters served with a draft beer for 12 bucks and you get a decent fresh seafood dinner with a beer for $25 and change. Not bad except on crab night the waiter couldn't come up with any hammers or shell crackers for the crab. Really ?? We made our way through the crab with a knife, but ....

On the advice of a friend, we tried Stoney's crabmeat pretzel on one of the evenings. Pretty amazing dish. It's worth a try.

As other reviews have suggested, service is pretty slow at Stoney's Solomon's Pier, so prepare to come and "set a spell". :-)

• Visited August 2014

Harrisburg, pa
“Food good - service slow”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I know a lot of the reviews stated that they didn't have any problems with the service. We must have hit them on a bad night. We got there around 8:00 on a Thursday evening. I didn't think they were very busy but on our way out, I did see a large party. We ordered two appetizers first-hush puppies and their crab and shrimp dip. They were both very good but it seemed to take a long time to get them. After we were finished with them, my husband and I ordered the Summer Salad to split and our daughter ordered the kids crab legs with French Fries. These two simple dishes seemed to take an exceptioanlly long time to reach our table. The chicken and shrimp on the salad were cold so I'm not sure if it sat in the back before the waitress brought it out. My daughter got her crab legs without the French fries or her dipping butter. When I asked about the fries I was told they were in the fryer. When they came out, I asked about the butter and was told it was in the microwave. This was after waiting a long time for the meal.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank darlene p
Richmond, Virginia
“Just a tourist trap.”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Waited forever. Once we were finally seated outside of the bar, another hostess came and said we could not sith there. She insisted that we move while we insisted that she speak with the bar hostess who had seated us. Long story short, we didn't budge and the bar hostess arrived to confirm that she had seated us there. Music is quite loud, staff is going crazy and the food quality was poor.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank franko1208
“Great view and food. ”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

If you go here, ask for a table on the top level for the best view. The atmosphere is nice and our service was very good. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was fantastic! I would highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner.

“Had a wonderful dinner here. ”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very nice and the service was great for our business group dinner here. No one had any complaints about their meal....I definitely enjoyed mine! If you go here, make sure to get a "kingfisher salad", it was the best salad I have ever had! I would without a doubt go back here.