“Enjoyed the sunset!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Purcellville, Virginia
“Enjoyed the sunset!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Me, my husband and our two small children stopped here for dinner on a day trip to the area. The Rockfish tacos and hot crab dip were yummy! It is certainly a great place to catch a beautiful sunset over the water. My only issue was the temperature...it was unbearably cold. People should not have to wear their winter coats at the table while enjoying their dinner.

Albemarle, North Carolina
“Fabulously Fresh....”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Ok, since this was my first visit to Stoney's, I may be a little infatuated. My daughter and family just recently moved to the area from HI, so after all that, I feel that I can still say it was some of the best that I have had. I started with their own label craft beer and it was such a good rounded beer. I am not one for a really dark, heavy beer so I asked the Waiter for a good suggestion and their local was a great choice. I must say that their beer menu is pretty vast. It list several IPA's and local craft beers, which I love.
Now on to the food. What would the Chesapeake Bay be know for? Well, of course it would be the Maryland Crab Cakes. While checking the menu, I noticed the Oyster Stew. I ordered a bowl as a starter and then on to the Crab Cake Sandwich Platter. The Oyster Stew arrived and was it delicious. If there was the slightest of opposition, it may have been a little heavy on the onion. The oysters were the freshest I had ever had. Some of our group were anxious to taste and they all ordered the Oyster Stew afterward. The ones that didn't really like oysters were now a fan. So fresh, and delicious.
The Crabcake Sandwich arrived with lettuce, tomato, and of course, tarter sauce. The crabcake, was easily the size of a baseball. And to beat all, this was the petite size. I could only have imagined the traditional size. I so enjoyed it. Delicious, fresh and very laden with crab (unlike most with so much binder). I would highly recommend this if you are looking to try the local fare. I can hardly wait to get back to try the Steam Pot's.

• Visited February 2014
Dameron, Maryland
“Nothing special - same ole Stoney's, nice location though.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

All this place has going for it is it's location - right on the water, nice view. You'd think that with such a pricey piece of property the food would be better, but no. Went here with my niece last Friday. The waitress was efficient and friendly and made sure that our glasses were always full. I had a bowl of lobster/crab bisque ($6.99) and the "Land by Sea" nachos ($13.00). My niece had a side salad and kids "Cluster of Crab". The crab legs she had were a good deal at $10.00, served with butter and side seasoning (Old Bay type). The lobster/crab bisque was tangy, but lacking in lobster/crab meat. The nachos were awful! Three colored chips with Velvetta like cheese and too sweet BBQ'd pulled pork on them - yuck! Sweet and nachos don't go together in my opinion. Stoney's has been in Calvert County a long time now, but it's reputation has been slowly ebbing away. Too bad!

• Visited February 2014
Tennessee
“A grand view of the marina”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The calm inlet features views of boats, birds, and the back side of Solomons Island. The deck is delightful as visitors enjoy a unique seafood restaurant.

Visited December 2013
Tennessee
“Dining on the Pier”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been to Stoney's many times for steamed crabs—or off season I'll settle for crabcakes or an oyster po-boy. In nice weather, it doesn't get better than dining on the pier. My favorite drinks: grapefruit slush or orange slush.

Adding to the ambience, the carved, life-size shore birds are excellent, created by Lance Lichtensteiner of Surf City, New Jersey. I liked them so much, I have since purchased four birds: a flying blue heron, a cocky kingfisher, a beautiful cormorant, and our newest addition: a crouching green heron. So, while no fresh crabcakes are to be found here in Tennessee, I can look at these fabulous birds and dream of Stoney's Solomon's Pier.

• Visited December 2013