“Brilliant crab cakes!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Brilliant crab cakes!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We were staying with friends who live in Solomons. I love crab cakes and was told to wait until I had them here. Wow was I impressed! Delicious, meaty, big...best crab cakes I'd ever have!
Incredibly friendly staff too!

“Great place to eat!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Good food, nice atmosphere, great view. Service was a little slow, but food was great!! A little pricey, but def worth it.

Melbourne, Florida
“Beautiful Sunset...”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I drove two hours to visit Solomon's Island for their Christmas Walk and lighted boat parade, and we had a great time! We had dinner here while the sun was setting. BEAUTIFUL views from the second floor of the restaurant which sets on the pier. Our food was very good, I had the blackened rockfish tacos and my husband enjoyed their crab cake sandwich. His only comment was that it could use more Old Bay seasoning. I loved the tacos! Also, I must add they have the best broccoli salad I ever tasted (with dried cranberries,yum!) The decor is casual waterfront. They have a raw bar and gift shop as well. Overall, nice experience we would come again.

Providence, Rhode Island
“If they don't care, why should you?”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Highly recommended for its crab cakes and waterfront dining.
The crab cakes are a full half- pound strong so yes, it is worth going for them. But, honestly, can the service and attention be any worse. It was about 3pm and quiet in the place. Maybe, that's why the waitress was so lackadaisical. Had to find her and ask for things 3-4 times. Asked for horseradish for my oysters. She brought two containers and took off. I could not find her to tell her that she brought mayonnaise instead. By the way, if you have the oysters, choose raw or Rockefeller. The steamed were dried out yet barely open.
It felt like after each course (beer, oysters, crab cake sandwich), she convinced herself that I had left. The staff I saw is young and mostly indifferent. Neither my father who taught me restaurant service nor I can imagine taking any job this lightly. You may not want to do it forever, but do it WELL while YOU ARE doing it.
Solomon Island is well known, but not particularly pretty or special.

• Visited November 2013
Winter Park, Florida
“Scenic View”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place has one of the best views of the water on Solomons Island. The crab cakes were very good but not the best I've had. A great place for large parties or family celebrations.

Visited October 2013