“Disappointing... I remember why I've stayed away.”
Review of Stoney's Solomon's Pier - CLOSED

Stoney's Solomon's Pier
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'm a local. Hadn't been to the pier in about 2 years. Now I remember why. Service was terrible. food was mediocre for the price.

We sat outside and were all but forgotten about. Took about 20 mins for the server to take our orders. My husband's Appetizer came out with his entree.

My Seafood Brie soup was room temperature and tasted like cream of something soup from a can. Sent it back to be reheated, came out only slightly warmer. Salad was clearly bagged salad, hothouse tomatoes, and other subpar ingredients.

1  Thank Amy K

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The restaurant juts out from the pier with a spectacular view of the river and bridge! It really is spectacular! The service was good, wait staff friendly and very helpful. The food was unfortunately just "ok". I would however return in a heartbeat, as the setting was so great. My orange crush drink was very good, and refreshingly strong, so I am thinking that drinks and appetizers are the way to go. They had live music and in general it is a fun, informal place to be! I asked about the cod fish, and it was frozen not fresh, so I stayed away from that choice. The restaurant is on the boardwalk/ river walk in Solomon's. There was a wait to get in, and they have a great and reliable system. You give them your phone number and they text you when your table is ready, so we were able to walk around and enjoy the area. They texted us 5 minutes before anticipated and we just walked to our table, which was perfect outdoors! If you are looking for a fine dining experience, this is not the place. If you are looking for an enjoyable night out, in a great location on the river walk, with an unbelievable view and decent food, then this is the place for you.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We live in MD and love crabs any which way. These crab cakes, at more than $20 for a sandwich, were more like bread cakes with a taste of crab. If these had 8 oz of crab they did a great job of hiding it. There wasn't a single lump of crabmeat in either of our two dishes.
Service was very good, exchanged a flat draft for an excellent other brand. Salad was good, nice and fresh with a delicious blue cheese dressing.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

A group of us had an absolutely delicious lunch on the afternoon before my wedding. The food was excellent, service pleasant and prices reasonable. This experience contributed to keeping me calm before the ceremony.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped at the pier several times during a recent trip for a drink and an appetizer or two.
We found the staff to be very friendly and the drinks well-made. We had the rockfish bites, the crab and shrimp dip, and some steamed shrimp. Everything was delicious! The bar at the end of the pier has a great view of the water, with glass doors that can be closed if it is cold or breezy. On nice days you can sit outside and eat. I would definitely go back!