“excellent-do not miss”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2011

i have been making crab cakes for 30 years. i usually do not order them in a restaurant as they are typically short on the crab and long on the cake. however, this place is the exception and the crab cakes are as good as, or better than what i make at home. as a lunch got an 8 oz cake as a sandwich for 20.00usd and it was worth every penny. great cole slaw as well. also got the mushroom and brie soup which was loaded with seafood and was excellent.

bon appetite!

Reviewed June 10, 2011

First, there are two Stoney's in Solomons -- both are on the water -- one is on the road and the other on the Pier. Both are nice. And we ate at both of them. First time -- the one on the road, my husband had the crabcake dinner, and said it was good. I had the lobster special -- lobster was a bit rubbery but sides were fine. Service was excellent.

On the pier -- again, had the crab rebuen and wondered where the crab was -- husband had the rockfish tacos and they were really good.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I read the reviews, but gave it a try anyway. The setting is nice, right on the water. We had a table right on the window so we had a nice view. Our server was pleasant. My boyfriend ordered the oysters and he said they were good. I ordered the small crab cake dinner with 2 sides. I was told the vegie of the day was green beans with sliced almonds and it was good. I had that and the onion rings. The green beans were fine, but there were no sliced almonds. I asked the server and she said the are real small (hello??). The crab cake was lacking flavor. Being from Baltimore, I've eaten crab cakes all my life and this was a disappointment. It was lump crab meat, but they forgot the seasoning. My boyfriend got the steak which was actually very good and tender.
I wouldn't recommend this place nor would I go back.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I had the most expensive, worst tasting seafood platter I have ever had, anywhere at this restaurant. Way overpriced for poor quality food.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I went to Stoney's this past weekend and was surprised by the dryness of the crab cake that I ordered and the slow service. My waitress must have disappeared for at least 15 minutes after our meals came and we weren't able to send back a steak til she returned. Overall I was disappointed and missed the service that they had 3-4 years ago when i used to go all the time.

1  Thank Leonard12