Review Highlights

ATjersey
Alloway, New Jersey
via mobile
Camping at Pokomoke

Very nice state campground with an outstanding swimming pool, and easy access to Chincoteague and... read more

Reviewed July 1, 2018
Citizen C

All reviews camp store state park ocean city swimming pool trail loop dump station hot water air conditioning great for kids enjoyed my stay hidden gem on site cabin landing campground camping shad
Selected filters
Reviewed July 19, 2019

This was a small quiet park. There's not a lot to do in the park itself, but we made a trip over to Assateague, which was only about 30 minutes away. We walked all the trails and had an enjoyable visit.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed July 9, 2019

This is a must visit. Park is really picturesque. It overlooks at the river. The town is also a hidden gem.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 5, 2019

I rented a cabin first time ever and never again will I. Once I opened room it smelled musty (A sign of bed bugs which I just found out). After falling asleep I felt itchy and woke up at 10:30 PM and quickly put on lights and seen bugs crawling all over my blankets which indeed where bed bugs. I left site as I couldn't stay with something like this. I called office next day and they did refund me. Be warned staying at a cabin here.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Thomas_M_13742
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Pocomoke River State Park, Shad Landing Campground, Acorn Trail Loop Site #25 ($29.00), a back in, 30 amp service. We drive a 40’ motor home with a tow vehicle. This CG offers no sewer hookups or on site water. I utilized the dump station which is tight but manageable. The administrative person that greeted us, the campground host, and the park rangers were ALL off the charts polite, courteous, and helpful! The CG has a real wilderness ambiance. The sites are large with ample distance from your neighbor. My grandchildren had a great time fishing (for free- under 16) at the marina, hiking the Trail of Change Nature Trail, going to the Camp store, playing at the nice playground & roasting hot dogs & marshmallows over the campfire. No planned entertainment needed! The rest room/shower facility was recently remodeled and is in immaculate condition.
I gave this CG a 4 instead of 5 because the roads are narrow and tree branches encroach the roads which scrape the side of the motor home.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank ATjersey
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Fun family campground. Clean and friendly. Sites 106,107,108 are nice sites on a dead end road. Alot of different sites

Date of experience: September 2018