“Pocomoke River State Park , Md...a Nice place to Visit”

Pocomoke River State Park
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Snow Hill
More attraction details
Owner description: The 14,753 acres of this scenic park is famous for its loblolly pine and cypress swamps that border along the Pocomoke River, providing visitors with many outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, camping and hiking.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The park here is very pretty next to the River with a long dock. There is an entrance through the boardwalk in the Cyprus Swamp that is quiet and if you look close you may see wildlife and the amazing Cyprus Trees. They do survive the winter here and there is a garden area in the park that has them too. They grow very tall and have small cones and lacey leaves unlike a regular pine tree. Across the street is the Delmarva Center Museum and the African American Schoolhouse Museum. Take a walk down the main street and you find some great shops and an House Tour which is great to see too.

1  Thank oceancitylover
in 5 reviews
"snow"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times for some long weekends and always enjoyed ourselves. Overall, the campground is very nice. The campsites are well setup, spacious, spread out decently from one another and are convenient to bathhouses. The bathhouses were fairly clean where you could shower and get cleaned up. They also have wash basins to wash any dishes. As for the rest of the park, there is plenty to do to stay occupied. There is a fishing pond, a small marina where you can rent kayaks, canoes, and motorboats, hiking trails, nature center, large swimming pool with a diving board, and a park with playground equipment. The camp store is well stocked if you forget anything and also has cheap, tasty Hershey's ice cream. If you want to stay for longer trip, there is also a lot to do in the surrounding area. The park is also near Ocean City, Assateague, and Chincoteague. There is also a nice little brewery about 15 minutes away in Berlin, MD called The Burley Oak. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a nice, relaxing week or weekend in the great outdoors.

1  Thank Big S
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been going to this state park for over 20 years. It has nice camp sites. There is a marina with an exceptional camp store. An interesting nature center is there also as well as a large, deep swimming pool.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This park was lovely for camping...The sites were large and clean. The grounds were really nice and the pool was awesome. The staff was super friendly and I thought it was going to be really awesome...Until I had roaches on my while sitting around the fire. Did I mention they fly? They look just like city roaches but THEY FLY which makes them even worse. So,while I loved everything else, that is a deal breaker for me and i won't be returning. The daddy long legs and the mosquitos were managable, the roaches were not. What's even worse is that we brought them home with us. I saw two in my house last night. I have lived there for 11 years and never saw a roach and then see two the day we return from camping in a park full of them....

1  Thank tiffannette05
See more reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My brother and I stayed at this campsite for one night whilst kayaking from Porters Crossing to Janes Island. We booked in advance and at this quiet time of year were right by the moorings. We had our pick of pitches which might be a little close to each other when busy. WC and showers could have done with a bit of a makeover but were clean and suitable nonetheless. Beautiful sunrise and the added bonus of the signposted creek trip with information at kayak level was a nice start to the journey the following day. Good, convenient and easy place to arrive and set off from. Staff were friendly and helpful.