“See you again!”
Review of River House Inn

River House Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Snow Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was the first time I've ever visited the Eastern Shore of Maryland, so didn't know what to expect and fortunately my wife had made all the arrangements for this trip - including the reservation at the River House Inn.

What an awesome surprise this was. I loved the area, but most of all I really loved staying at the River House Inn. The owners are friendly, but not intrusive, and I particularly enjoyed our lively and interesting late-night conversation in the kitchen.

The house has a few years on it, but since taking over the propery (a year or two ago?) the owners have made a number of improvements that have made the Inn a very comfortable place to relax. My room was big and I slept like a baby on the big bed. Breakfast was a particular treat.

I only spotted a small restaurant in Snow Hill, but there are a number of great places to eat and shops in nearby Berlin. If you want something more lively, Ocean City is just 30 minutes down the road but far enough so that it feels a world away.

Unfortunately, my wife didn't make this trip with me (nerves about my 17-year-old daughter driving from DC) but I'm already planning a trip when I can bring her with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Thanks guys for a great stay... Breakfast was fantastic and the location is to die for. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The hosts go out of their way to make you welcome. Best yet the river is at your back door a kayakers dream. If you like off the beaten path locales
Snow Hill is a must see. Teal is tops!
We will be back...

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed in the Ivy Cottage which has 2 bedrooms, a large living area and full kitchen. It was clean, comfortable and well furnished. The resident owners were friendly and very accomodating. The best part of the experience were the breakfasts each of our 3 mornings. My only complaint is that we ate too much.

Room Tip: The Ivy Cottage is great for 2 couples or a family.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the River House Inn and enjoyed the warm hospitality of our hosts, Richard and Dwayne. Very comfortable room, lavish breakfasts, lots of locations around the house to relax and, of course, the wonderful pool to cool off after our bike and kayak trips in the area. Our hosts made sure of our comfort throughout the weekend.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

had to come back to Riverhouse for a chill out weekend this Labor Day. Stayed at the same favorite LightHouse room with the Jacuzzi. Took a kayaking trip (where they drop you off with the kayak further north on the Pocomoke river, and you have to paddle downstream back to the base.. took about 2.5 hours to get back, nice workout!. Back to the Riverhouse, more chilling at the pool with cold Miller in hand, and a short trips to Ocean City for more excitement.. oh, did I mention, the king size bed in the room is absolutely magical.. loved loved loved abundance of soft pillows and expensive Egyptian cotton sheets (must be 400-600 thread count?) (I have to confess, I did go back to sleep more after the magical breakfast that Rick and his niece served up). A/C was just right, with the new thermostat? Room was super quiet and relaxing, the only thing I wish it had a bigger size TV – current setup is too small for this size room. All in all, didn't disappoint, and the dinner with the show at the local Blue Dog cafe was a great touch up to an already wonderful retreat.

1  Thank tauchenNYC
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a trip to the Eastern Shore, and stayed at the River House Inn. The accommodations were very good, with well appointed rooms (TV, wi-fi, coffee maker etc.), a terrific location on the river, and the house is an architectural gem. Our host was terrific, and made our stay that much more enjoyable. We stayed in the main house, but we look forward to going back and staying in the cottages.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We just returned from a perfect weekend away in lovely Snow Hill. This was our first visit. We stayed in the River Cottage and it was beautiful - clean, comfortable and great view of the river. The hosts were wonderful, went out of their way to assist and make weekend memorable. The breakfasts were spectacular. The almond french toast was simply out of this world. The waffles and muffins and the eggs benedict were to die for. We ate at the Blue Dog and the Palate and had GREAT meals there too. I had no idea we were in for such a culinary delight in tiny Snow Hill. We took a canoe trip down the Pocomoke River and it was most enjoyable - quiet, serene and hard to believe we were in Maryland, so close to hectic Ocean City no less! We cannot recommend this Inn strongly enough. We plan to bring the kids next time too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snow Hill
Refuge Inn
Refuge Inn
#1 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincotea...
#2 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Comfort Suites Chincoteague
Comfort Suites Chincoteague
#4 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Marina Bay Hotel & Suites, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Marina Bay Hotel & Suites, an As...
#7 of 20 in Chincoteague Island

Been to River House Inn? Share your experiences!