“Scenic view, doting proprietors”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of River House Inn

River House Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Snow Hill B&B and Inns
Reston, Virginia
“Scenic view, doting proprietors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

We went to the River House Inn with two families (four adults, three children in middle and high school). We stayed in the Ivy House and River Cottage, which gave us a tremendous amount of flexibility, including preparing and eating our own dinners. The setting was charming. Breakfasts were delicious, food was well-prepared and plentiful. The new owners were very accommodating of our requests and questions before, during, and after our stay. The property backs on to the Pocomoke River where there is a dock to fish from and a shop that rents canoes. We felt extremely comfortable there and were well taken care of. We would definitely consider returning.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed at the River House Inn in May to attend a surprise 90th birthday for a dear family relative and friend. Little did I know after traveling from Seattle that I would be welcomed at the Inn by trhe owners Rick and Dwayne and their staff as if I was family coming home for this special event. From the moment I walked in through the kitchen door I confused as the entrance until I finally had to depart, I felt warmly welcomed and generously cared for.

The beautiful old antebellum house has all the charm of it's years with tasteful upgrades to maintain it's period atmosphere. I stayed in the River Room in the house, while other family members who also stayed there for the event, were in some of the detached cottages on the beautiful grounds that reach to the Pokomoke River. We all had the joy of spending some more family time together in the evening as Rick and Dwayne both played the piano and encouraged us to sing along to favorite songs.

Breakfast was a memorable event. The abundant selection of breakfast items were excellently prepared and served in a warm family setting in the big dining room. Extra servings were packed up and sent along with us as we all prepared to depart.

My husband and I plan to visit again later this year in the fall. I can't wait to be welcomed "home" again at the River House Inn.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

My wife and I recently rode the View Trail 100 on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. This 100 mile circuit passes several of the Eastern Shore's small towns, each with something special to offer. One of the special things about Snow Hill, Maryland is the River House Inn. After riding 50+ miles in the heat, it was great to be able to shower and jump into a nice refreshing outdoor pool (even heated when outdoor temperatures are cooler). The innkeepers made us feel right at home and attended to all of our needs. Very nice hot breakfast with a variety of items, and the rooms were spacious and well maintained. We would definitely recommend the River House Inn to cyclists and non-cyclist alike. Also, a great location for staging day rides on the Eastern Shore.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

We enjoyed our weekend stay at the River House Inn, and we plan to return soon. There were lots of extra touches - a refrigerator outside our room stocked with soft drinks, wine laid out on the sideboard at happy hour, and fabulous breakfasts with lots of choices. We also loved it that we were welcome in the kitchen, which was large and roomy and a focal point for chatting. There was also a fabulous back lawn sloping down to the Pocomoke River, and an inviting canoe sitting on the shore. The one minor drawback was that the rooms in this Victorian house were not at all soundproof, but for those really sensitive to noise, there are two lovely cottages on the property as well. All in all, a very memorable, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Choose your room from the Internet site.
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

The Inn itself is a beautiful and stately Victorian with fine period furnishings. In addition to guest rooms in the main house, there are cozy units in several other buildings leading down the lawn to the shore of the Pokamoke River. The property also has a large heated pool and adjoining, well stocked, covered outdoor facility with the equipment for al fresco dining. The owners, Dwayne and Rick, are warm, caring and knowledgeable hosts. Snow Hill is a small charming village with a number of interesting shops and a few restaurants, one of which is reported to be excellent. Unfortunately, each of the three time that we have been there for one night's stay, that establishment happened to be closed. This inn is an excellent spot for anyone vacationing on Delmarva and for East Coast travellers north and south along the highways of the Eastern Shore.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in one of the units near the river.
Berlin, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at The River House in Snow Hill recently and the cottage was amazing! Right on the water! We walked to rent a canoe, dropped it off in the back of the cottage property, they picked it up in the morning! The Inn Keepers were bend over backwards amazing! OMG the best thing ever!!!! The waffles at breakfast....without question worth the stay alone!!! AAAA+++++ I loved it can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Online and call!
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

The River House Inn is a special bed and breakfast located in Snow Hill, Maryland. This B&B is a little piece of heaven on earth. Dwayne and Rick are the new owners of this fine establishment and have wonderful plans for the future. I am so excited to be going back in July to see them again. The staff at the Inn is wonderful! The whole experience is comfortable, relaxing, and purely bliss! The breakfast are phenominal, especially their signature waffles!

If you have a dog- this is the place to stay! My dog was treated like royalty and enjoyed all the amentites of the bed and breakfast. This is truely a wonderful place to take your beloved pet.

I was having such a wonderful time that I decided to extend my stay! I have also already booked a room in July 2011 for a weekend.

Room Tip: Yacht Club Room - Pet friendly & a great view!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Refuge Inn
Refuge Inn
#2 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
Marina Bay Hotel & Suites, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Marina Bay Hotel & Suites, an As...
#10 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincotea...
#6 of 19 in Chincoteague Island

Been to River House Inn? Share your experiences!