Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,526 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies valet parking metro station movie theater few blocks washington dc silver fillmore concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My stay at Double Tree was terrific. I had my room when I arrived with no waiting, The room was maintained the entire time. The staff was friendly and would do something if you needed. The food was excellent. I will look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my go-to hotel in Silver Spring. Family in the area and stay here every couple of months. Shawnette is frequently at the front desk and is always so welcoming. She really cares that you have a good experience. And, we do! Thanks guys....

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2020

I should have seriously considered the Trip Advisor reviews on this property before I booked. This property is in serious need of renovation. While convenient to the downtown Silver Spring area as well as the metro, none of the maintenance issues I identified were ever resolved. And I don't think an omelette should have cost over $30 !!!!! Way overpriced. I can understand why the restaurant isn't being used by the guests!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Traci-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear renee_tatusko,

Thank you for sharing your review. We're truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope you accept our apologies for delivering a lackluster experience. We know you deserve better, so we have shared your insight with our team to implement improvements where needed. We hope the next time you travel through our area you'll allow us a second chance to provide you with a much more rewarding stay.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

The DoubleTree is a nice hotel and much more reasonable than staying in DC. My home office is there so I often stay there. Fitness club and pool are nice. It's on the red line and there are good restaurants within walking distance. I want to call out one person who stands out in my mind as one of the most friendly and helpful people on staff there. She works in the restaurant and her name is Mestawet (i hope I spelled it correctly). She is always smiling and welcoming and is very good to see first thing in the morning at breakfast! Go visit her!

Room tip: Off of Colesville road, if possible
Reviewed January 14, 2020

We stayed at this hotel because it was one of the closest to the Wash.DC area where we had to attend a funeral for my wifes Step Dad without being in DC. It was a dual purpose trip for myself as I had to deliver the eulogy and I needed a quiet, comfortable place to complete my preparation. The cost of valet parking was a bit surprising but, then again given the popularity of the area maybe not so much. There was a couple of alternatives such as paying for limited street parking or a public garage a short walk from the hotel which I'm sure is used by people who work, shop or enjoy the
nightlife in the area. At the age of 65 years young I opted for the valet parking and so I.guess that's the cost of convienience. As it turned out, the stay was pleasant and yes...the cookies are addictive! :-)

• Trip type: Traveled with family