1,381 results
All reviews double tree cookies valet parking hotel is in a great location metro station movie theater few blocks washington dc silver fillmore concert
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Room was a bit shabby and smelled of cigarette smoke. If you can get past that, then it's a great location. Plenty of restaurants and shopping in close vicinity, as well as cultural activities at the Veteran's Center.

Date of stay: May 2019
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TommyCarlos, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of refreshing all out guest rooms and I'm sure on your next stay we can provide a much better guestroom experience. The hotel does have the best location of any hotel in Silver Spring. We also have a wonderful Chef and team that provide great food and beverage offerings! We hope to welcome you back again soon and please ask for me, I'd love to greet you personally!

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Was initially told the room type booked wasn't available due to overbooking. Two broken vending machines, one that ate my money, led to a poor interaction with the front desk, who was more interested in me getting him a Diet Coke & watching the basketball game rather than addressing the problem. Had sporadic housekeeping services at best. Was lucky when the wifi worked, struggled with a terrible connection when it did work. The mediocre breakfast buffet is WAY overpriced at $20/person. A diner around the corner was a better option for much cheaper.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TommyCarlos, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear you felt the hotel was clean. The vending machines have been repaired by the vendor and please accept my sincere apologies for the staff interaction. Our breakfast buffet is $17 for that all-you-can eat extensive spread, everything from hot breakfast items, bakeries, fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice and made to order omelets included. We feel we offer a great value and quality with our food and beverage at the hotel and for less expensive options we have a la carte menus for both Savor Restaurant and Sergio's Ristorante. We also have a grab and go snack & sundry shop for your convenience! We hope you give us another try and discover the many wonderful amenities we have to offer to enhance your next stay!

Reviewed June 9, 2019

I like the hotel and it’s location is near many restaurants. I believe I would have enjoyed my hotel If not for the hundreds of unsupervised preteens who took over the hotel.

I have stayed in many hotels when they host hundreds of children but usually only the elevators and restaurants are taken over by the children. In this case it was not at all enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TommyCarlos, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are working on ways to have the student tours feel like less of an intrusion to all other hotel guests. Please let me know if your travel plans are bringing you back to the DC area and I can make sure we provide you with a much more enjoyable next visit!

Reviewed June 7, 2019

We stayed here during our visit to NIH. From the moment we checked in, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and the hotel is close to restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and the metro red line.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TommyCarlos, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Dear Roving- thanks very much for your lovely feedback! What you described is what we aspire to deliver to every guest every day! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

To be honest, after reading a lot of reviews I had some concerns about our upcoming stay. I read negative things about the facility and staff. Our experience was absolutely wonderful. I found the facility very adequate given it has some age to it. I also heard renovations are being planned. Our room was clean and comfortable.
One example of the staff going above and beyond was when our tour bus got a flat tire and was running late. Twenty six students waited patiently in the lobby for its’ arrival. I asked the front desk staff if they could all have a cookie given the situation. They agreed and I was able to pass out cookies to all. Well done Doubletree. The only negative I can say is the WiFi was horrible, but I just used my data.
Pros:
1–Staff-see above
2-Gym partnership with Zone down the street.
3-Location-short walk to the metro
4-Room was clean and organized
5-buffet breakfast was legit

Trip type: Traveled on business
TommyCarlos, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear Chad_Oliva- Thank you for your nice feedback! We are glad you were able to see that we have a nice hotel! We are indeed working on refreshing several areas of the hotel including guest rooms and will continue to improve and offer a wonderful stay experience to all our guests! I hope we can welcome you back again soon and when you do please be sure to ask for me, I'd love to meet you in person!