DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring
Hampton Inn Silver Spring(Silver Spring)(Great Value!)
Hampton.com
  • Restaurant
$87
$121
HIExpress.com
Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak(Silver Spring)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Hotels.com
$99
1,169 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesvalet parkinghotel is in a great locationmetro stationtwo blocksmovie theaterdcsilverfillmoremdconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The most refreshing part was that the staff were all so positive and helpful. Not all tat common today with everyone in a hurry, however the Doubletree folks were great. Restaurant, front desk...thanks for everything!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thanks for the post and glad that the staff took such good care of you. Hope to see you return!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Silver Spring Double Tree for my brother's wedding and disappointment is an understatement on how we feel about our guest experience. Customer service was TERRIBLE! We had one issue after another (our room was a sauna with no temp control, delivery for a refrigerator took over 4 hours which was needed for nursing, we were without hot water for half of one day and we saw cockroaches near the ice machine). Response time for all of these issues was of no concern of the staff and we only received an apology after we demanded it upon leaving. I rate this a poor experience only because we were reimbursed for one night. However, it truly was TERRIBLE! I will NEVER stay at another Double Tree ever again and recommend that you do not either. There are a lot of hotels to choose from and this chain should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly S
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I am extremely sorry that you had such an underwhelming stay with us as that is not the service level the hotel strives to provide and certainly not the norm. I have shared your comments with various members of the management team to follow up on and do hope you allow us another opporutity to regain your trust.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This property is about a 6 block walk to the metro, and has a shuttle that will take you to close locations in Silver Spring. Upon my after midnight arrival, checkin was adequate, but never having stayed at this property before, I was not informed about any services the hotel might offer.

This location is about a 3 block walk to the AFI theater and about 3 to 4 blocks to the main Silver Spring corridor where restaurants and shops are found.

My room was worn around the edges, but clean. The washroom was tiny (I didn't think the washrooms could be any tinier than the ones at the Sheraton a few blocks away, but i was wrong) and hardly navigable. There was one outlet in my room to plug in or charge my electronics, and that was in the washroom. If you're planning to work using a laptop, as I was, it's not possible unless your laptop is fully charged. There literally were no electrical outlets near the desk. Not even close.

My sleeps were disrupted by the ongoing construction in Silver Spring, which begins promptly at 5:30am and doesn't quit until 10pm. Apparently there is no noise ordinance in this community. Bring ear plugs. My sleeps were also disrupted by groups of students in town for spring break, running up and down the hallways playing tag. When I called the front desk I was told the students had a 10pm curfew, but that wasn't being enforced on my floor, and I never saw or heard hotel management addressing the issue in the hallways. Bring ear plugs.

The lobby of the hotel has a breakfast/dining area and a bar area where several televisions feature sports, news, etc. I dined at the bar one evening and enjoyed crab cake sliders. The bartender was very friendly. There was a happy hour until 7pm.

The lobby also had one computer with printer for guest use, which was not working. The front desk allowed me to use one of their computers to print a boarding pass. The lobby area also has a Doubletree pantry, with sodas, waters, juices, granola bars, candy bars, chips, ice cream, frozen meals, other toiletries, and a microwave to prepare your frozen meal.

The front desk staff were all friendly and helpful. When I again complained about all the noise disrupting my sleeps, I was awarded some extra Hilton points, which is a nice gesture, but I would have preferred that someone addressed the problem instead.

I'm in Silver Spring 4 to 6 times a year, for 2 to 4 nights each visit, and for the past 6 years have stayed at the Sheraton or Marriott. Given the construction issues so close to the Doubletree, and the fact that I usually need to work in my room during the evenings and cannot rely on wifi alone without being able to electrically connect my laptop, I'm not sure I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thanks for the detailed review and glad you found the staff freindly and accomodating. I do apologize for the outside noise during your recent visit as construction is not typical outside of the hotel. As the hotel has many different configurations in the guest rooms, some do feature much larger wash room facillities (I assume by your post that you were in one of the rooms with a smaller area). I do hope you allow us another opportunity to service your travel needs and would be more than happy to assist with future accomodations if you contact me direct at jim.salvo@hilton.com

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I stay at a lot of Hilton properties on business, but chose this one for a family DC trip due to price and proximity to The Metro. It turns out, you get less than you pay for.

The rooms are pretty nasty, things like missing electrical covers common. Only two floors had functional ice machines - staff said it had been like that as long as they could remember. We had (3) different front desk employees promise to resolve the same oversight then not follow through.

This is a high rise Motel 6 - suggest you avoid.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bill S
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I apologize for the defeciencies you noted as that is certainly not the impression or experience we wish to leave you with. I have met and shared your comments with my Chief Engineer, Front Office Manager and Dir of Housekeeping to ensure that these problems are resolved and do not reoccur. I would certainly like the opportunity to regain your trust should your travels take you back our way as I am sure you will find your next stay much more up to standard.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Could have been better. Bathroom was so small that the door had to be shut to use the toilet. Obviously two adjoining rooms were used to create a suite. Bed was comfortable and living space was nice. Bathroom need a lot of work. Had to wait an hour and a half past scheduled check in time before room was ready. Did not provide enough points to cover delay. Staff was friendly though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jimsalvo, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thanks for the post and glad to hear that you felt the staff was freindly and the bed was comfortable. I do apologize for the delayed check in as we try our best to turn rooms from the previous night as quickly as possible. Hope to see you return.