My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sheraton in Silver Spring, MD for our week vacation in DC. It was cheaper than staying in the District, but close enough to the Metro to enable us to get into town every day.
Our experience with the hotel was pretty standard. It's nice that there is a Starbucks in the lobby, and the restaurant and lounge looked nice, but we didn't use them.
It rained many of the days we were in town and, unfortunately, the hotel did not offer umbrellas to borrow for the day. They did, however, offer a free shuttle anywhere within 3 miles - so we took the shuttle to the Metro a couple days. It's first-come/first-served, so sometimes the shuttle required a bit of a wait, but I think the longest we waited was about 10-15 minutes. They won't let you call from your room to request it; you have to be in the lobby waiting.
We ordered room service one night. It was fast, correct, and tasty. We even asked for extra ketchup and they ran down and brought us back 4 little ketchup bottles!
The bed was pretty hard for me. I woke up every morning with back pain. My boyfriend slept just fine, and he usually has problems. And the pillows are nothing but air. I asked for a firmer pillow and they didn't have any.
If you're looking for a tasty yet simple breakfast/lunch/dinner, the Tastee Diner on Cameron is right around the corner and is great. Also, the deli just across the street was pretty good for quick sandwiches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel is situated in the heart of downtown just minutes away from charming shops and restaurants, and quick access to anywhere in the Washington, D.C. area via the Metro which is only 3 blocks away from the hotel. The Sheraton offers complimentary shuttle transportation within 3 miles. For those trips that are outside the 3 miles the Sheraton has and in-house car service that is very competitively priced. The service is available for local runs as well as airports pickups and drop offs. Please call Guest Services for pricing. For your dining pleasure the Hotel has Mica Restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch.With a full menu and a breakfast buffet guests will be delighted with the choices available. Mica Lounge opens for Dinner and late evening snacks. Offering a Social Hour Menu from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM daily with specials starting at $5.00. Mica has 6 Flat screen TV's so that travelers do not miss their favorite team or even their favorite Television series. The Sheraton also offer room service from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM 7 days a week. For the extra special occasions the Sheraton has Jr. Suites and One Bedroom Suites available both with Club Lounge access. So when visiting Silver Spring, MD try out the newly renovated Sheraton and make sure to sign up for the SPG rewards program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Crowne Plaza