“Not worth the brand name”

Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Sao Paulo, SP
“Not worth the brand name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staying in a Sheraton, one does not expect the noisy window air-conditioning unit usually found in cheap motels. Also the lack of ventilation on the bathroom, so mirrors are getting fogged. And the lack of a safe in the room. All-in-all a disappointing 5-day stay, the Sheraton brand name not worth. However the price was!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Frans K
SheratonSilverSpring, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello Frans K,

I am sorry to hear that your stay at the Sheraton Silver Spring was not up to your expectations. I do appreciate you providing us with the issues you had during your stay and will relay this information on to the appropriate departments so that we can work on these issues. The hotel will be going thorough an update sometime this year and in room safes are part of that, so hopefully we will be able to add those to our in room amenities.

Again, thank you for your input it is appreciated.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My necklace was stolen from my room. I reported it and they said they would look onto it. Every day I'd ask if anything had come of their "search", they acted like they had never heard of it before! The room wasn't cleaned on a couple of occasions and when I asked for clean towels they said I had opted for the green choice( didn't want the room cleaned that day) which was absolutely false. Overall this place has very irresponsible and uninterested staff.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank RadsDr
Hello Radsdr,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you had during your stay and I am extremely sorry that we were not able to assist you. I was not aware of the issues you experienced and feel horrible that we were not able to resolve this for you. The information you have given me will help with training of our team members to ensure that this does not happen again. Again, I am so sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay that you should have, but I do thank your for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Silver Spring hotels

NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

If all that mattered was the hotel's location and the attitude of the staff then I would give this property 5 stars. The location is easy to get to and the staff couldn't be more helpful or accommodating. Unfortunately, the building is physically tired and awkwardly laid out. The lobby is far from welcoming, the bar area uncomfortable and the hallways somewhat run down. The rooms are comfortable due mostly to the bedding. The bathroom is tiny and the closet just a rack with a curtain. The whole place needs renovating. Still, if you just need an okay place for a night or two, I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheldon J, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Good Morning BruceSXM,

Thank you for your comments, We have made some changes to the seating area of the Bar/Lounge and they seem to be very well received. Our Happy Hour menu along with our nightly specials created by our new Chef are a hit.

I hope that you will come back and give us another try.

Sheldon Johnson
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at this surprising and refreshing hotel while in town for a wedding at a local venue. Travelling with my wife and 22 month old son meant stress and the need for comfort and built in fun and this hotel offered all 3!

Great little pool on the 5th floor for some fun play dates, adequate gym for a workout, easy off street parking access, complimentary shuttle within a 3 mile radius (used and appreciated!), great access to the local mall and downtown including the splash playground for those hot days, and a comfortable suite was truly appreciated! Top this off with our early arrival and having had our request for a crib successfully achieved and waiting in our room was just one of those little hotel touches that we did not let escape us as a job well done.

If you elect to stay here look for Maren at the Front Office. She was so kind, professional, competent and thoughtful adding so much to our stay. Right after our arrival she sent a plate of cookies and milk to our son with a handwritten card welcoming him to the hotel! What a special touch that dad and son could enjoy!

If we are ever back in the area we already know where we will stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon NFBD,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the special treat from the Front Desk after check-in
I look forward to you visiting our hotel again.

Sheldon Johnson
North Branford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The sheraton Silver Sprints hotel is a revamped older hotel. A bit of an unorganized check in created a bit of aggravation but ended up working out. I was at a business symposium and was disappointed to see that we were sandwiched in between two middle schools of about 200 children each. Although well behaved it made for a struggle to get to breakfast and the meeting.
There were numerous mistakes throughout the stay, the continuous mantra was that they were going through some changes.

The rooms were ok, old air conditioners that didn't work great, tiny bathrooms, and the decor was dark. The food was very good at the meetings and the person assigned to our group was excellent (Jose'). He was able to keep all 400 kids moving so they didn't congest our intimate medical meeting of 75.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank heartsoulct
SheratonSilverSpring, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello heartsoulct,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We value your opion and always strive for you to leave here more refreshed than you arrived! I am sorry to hear that we did not met your expections during your stay. The comments that you have given us will work great as training tools for our team members so that we can met our customer service goals.

Again, thank you for your honest feeback.

Sincerly,

Central, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels frequently for work and travel and was not mpressed. Desk failed to tell us there was the same charge for valet or for parking yourself. Construction in entrance not appealing. People sitting in hallways in chairs on their laptops, we told the desk and it was uncomfortable and they didn't move when we had a cart coming through. There was a charge for Internet in room( probably why people were in the hall) the shade was broken in our room so it wouldn't close all the way so not so private. Positive? Wait staff for breakfast in the am. Desk in am were pleasant. Staff at night were not personable. Too expensive.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello onaneedtoknowbasis,

Thank you for your comments about your stay here at the Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel. I am sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments and will use them as a training tool with our team members to help us achieve our customer service goals. I am glad to hear that some of our team members where able to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for your feedback.

Rooms Division Manager
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were 3 rooms, staying for 2 nights. Let's start with the positive. The hotel was clean. Now there's everything else. We called beforehand and asked them how far they were from the Metro station. They told us 2 blocks, straight up the street. Well, it wasn't 2, it was 4, and it was a straight line. When you're walking dragging luggage from out of town, 2 blocks up a hill, then to the left 2 more blocks is not "2 blocks" away. So we arrived sort of annoyed. The front desk was inefficient, and that's being charitable. Our confirmed reservations, well.... We didn't get 3 rooms near one another, as promised. One of the rooms didn't have 2 double beds, as confirmed. Our friends' room was to have a king and a cot, and the cot wasn't there. It finally arrived. Our late arriving friends were told our reservation had been canceled. We gave the desk 2 credits cards to split the reservation, and they put it all on one card. When we "checked out" the guy then @ the desk was like "OK, good, you're checked out." I had to ask: "May I please have a receipt or statement?" The air conditioner made such an annoying cycling noise that we had to sleep with it off, or it would have awakened us every 5 minutes. The guy they sent up to check it, well, he might have known air conditioners, but unfortunately could not speak English very well, so it was hard to communicate our problem. I asked in the restaurant where I might sit with a cup of coffee and meanwhile re-charge my cell. The worker had no idea, and did not offer that they had a "business center" that I ultimately found and worked just fine for that moment. The hotel was fully booked, so they were all doing their personal best, I suppose, but it wasn't good enough for me. Will I be back? Absolutely not.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NewYorkNative
SheratonSilverSpring, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello Newyorknative,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Sheraton Silver Spring. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and we truly appreciate your feedback. This will give us training opportunities with our staff so that we can better met our guest expectation to ensure that everyone has a memorable experience while staying here.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Rooms Division Manager