We were 3 rooms, staying for 2 nights. Let's start with the positive. The hotel was clean. Now there's everything else. We called beforehand and asked them how far they were from the Metro station. They told us 2 blocks, straight up the street. Well, it wasn't 2, it was 4, and it was a straight line. When you're walking dragging luggage from out of town, 2 blocks up a hill, then to the left 2 more blocks is not "2 blocks" away. So we arrived sort of annoyed. The front desk was inefficient, and that's being charitable. Our confirmed reservations, well.... We didn't get 3 rooms near one another, as promised. One of the rooms didn't have 2 double beds, as confirmed. Our friends' room was to have a king and a cot, and the cot wasn't there. It finally arrived. Our late arriving friends were told our reservation had been canceled. We gave the desk 2 credits cards to split the reservation, and they put it all on one card. When we "checked out" the guy then @ the desk was like "OK, good, you're checked out." I had to ask: "May I please have a receipt or statement?" The air conditioner made such an annoying cycling noise that we had to sleep with it off, or it would have awakened us every 5 minutes. The guy they sent up to check it, well, he might have known air conditioners, but unfortunately could not speak English very well, so it was hard to communicate our problem. I asked in the restaurant where I might sit with a cup of coffee and meanwhile re-charge my cell. The worker had no idea, and did not offer that they had a "business center" that I ultimately found and worked just fine for that moment. The hotel was fully booked, so they were all doing their personal best, I suppose, but it wasn't good enough for me. Will I be back? Absolutely not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel is situated in the heart of downtown just minutes away from charming shops and restaurants, and quick access to anywhere in the Washington, D.C. area via the Metro which is only 3 blocks away from the hotel. The Sheraton offers complimentary shuttle transportation within 3 miles. For those trips that are outside the 3 miles the Sheraton has and in-house car service that is very competitively priced. The service is available for local runs as well as airports pickups and drop offs. Please call Guest Services for pricing. For your dining pleasure the Hotel has Mica Restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch.With a full menu and a breakfast buffet guests will be delighted with the choices available. Mica Lounge opens for Dinner and late evening snacks. Offering a Social Hour Menu from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM daily with specials starting at $5.00. Mica has 6 Flat screen TV's so that travelers do not miss their favorite team or even their favorite Television series. The Sheraton also offer room service from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM 7 days a week. For the extra special occasions the Sheraton has Jr. Suites and One Bedroom Suites available both with Club Lounge access. So when visiting Silver Spring, MD try out the newly renovated Sheraton and make sure to sign up for the SPG rewards program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood and Priceline so you can book your Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Crowne Plaza