If I had seen this hotel before I booked it, I would have driven by. The outside is dated, tired and the bulbs in the sign are half out. However because of the TripAdvisor reviews we gave it a try. LOVED IT ! Beautiful modern rooms, gas station next door with arrangement of items to keep the family happy till meal-time, decent part of time, 15 min. drive (without traffic) to downtown DC.
The breakfast was wonderful: toasted bagels, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. Hot and ready. Staff was fabulous ! I am a single parent and felt very welcomed and safe here.
I did not give this property a full 5 star rating because you have to pay an additional $10 a day for parking and is not close to the Metro. I would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 127 Newly Renovated Guest Rooms & Public Area's as of December 16, 2014 Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Restaurants & Lounge's within walking distance Interior Corridors, Two Elevators & every guest room has a Microwave & Refrigerator 4 blocks from Metro Station Complimentary Shuttle(7am-9pm/Mon-Fri) Valet & Self-Parking available($10 a day) Bus Parking is Free for Groups Free Fitness Center & Business Center Stay with us to earn & use your IHG Rewards any where in the World & with us Free Wireless & Cable High Speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring