My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Inn for three days with our two boys while visiting DC. This hotel was clean, in a nice area, friendly and up to date. We arrived the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend at 11:00 AM and immediately were able to get into a room. Also had no problem with parking in their small lot. As I said, the room was very clean and modern. Plenty of hot water and AC worked well. We did have a room with a connecting door and could here the conversation in the next room but thankfully that family slept the same time we did. Fridge and micro come with room. They were in perfect condition. Beds were comfortable. The hotel offers a shuttle to the metro. They were very accommodating with driving us to the metro. Getting a ride back was a little more difficult. Two evenings in a row we needed to call twice to get a ride. They do say that rides are only every hour on the hour after 11:00 AM and we called before the hour both times but after the hour they weren't there for pick up. The first time it was 8:15 and they still weren't there. The second evening we only waited until 7:05 and called again (we had called at 6:40 to let them know we were ready for pick up). It's about a 15 minute walk from the metro to the hotel and it's a decent area so we walked back the third evening. The breakfast buffet was great with lots of choices. Eating area is small so get there early for a seat.
The parking lot was full on the weekend and as another reviewer mentioned there is a parking garage around the corner that has free parking on the weekends. We moved our car to the parking garage on Friday evening and did not need to pay the parking fee for our last day.
The metro ride to downtown was about 15-20 minutes depending on where exactly you're going and the time of day. The metro was easy to navigate and getting a smarttrip card is worthwhile. I recommend this hotel for families visiting DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 127 Newly Renovated Guest Rooms & Public Area's as of December 16, 2014 Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Restaurants & Lounge's within walking distance Interior Corridors, Two Elevators & every guest room has a Microwave & Refrigerator 4 blocks from Metro Station Complimentary Shuttle(7am-9pm/Mon-Fri) Valet & Self-Parking available($10 a day) Bus Parking is Free for Groups Free Fitness Center & Business Center Stay with us to earn & use your IHG Rewards any where in the World & with us Free Wireless & Cable High Speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring