“Nice hotel, clientele so so” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
New Jersey, USA
“Nice hotel, clientele so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The rooms were very nice, beds comfortable, decent breakfast with eggs. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful as well. I found the hotel a bit further from the Silver Springs Metro train to DC than I would have liked, the neighborhood ok but not stellar, and some of the other clientele at Comfort Inn a bit rough around the edges, shall we say. Good hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 28, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we will address all matters.Our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

VP of Operations & Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

At check in, the desk clerk advised I had 2 reservations. I advised her I only made a single reservation for 1 room for 2 adults. She indicated she understood and proceeded to check me in.

The room was small, the bed was located only about 18-24 inches away from the air conditioner. The air conditioner had been fitted with a plastic adapter which forced the stream of air to blow directly onto the bed in the area where your head rested. I awoke in the morning with a sore throat (no surprise).

In the morning, while in the breakfast area, I noticed two Comfort Inn supervisors observing the breakfast service. I related to them the poor ergonomics or the plastic modification shield blowing the stream of cold air directly onto a sleeping person's head. One of the supervisors proceeded to try and justify the setup, then asked me point blank to go onto the Comfort Inn and/or TripAdvisor websites and give them an outstanding rating - ?? (No chance)

Two days later, I discovered Comfort Inn had billed my credit card for both reservations, 2 different room numbers, even after I pointed out the mistake when I checked in. It required 3 telephone calls to get a credit for the duplicate billing.

My advice - stay clear of this one !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank The_Lizard1
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please contact our General Manager for your inconvience and we apologize that your stay was not legendary.

Our hotel will be addressing all matters concerning your guest experience. I hope you give us another chance to "win" your business.

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

Travelers are raving about these Silver Spring hotels

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is nicely renovated hotel with easy access to DC. Every staff member (especially Kiran!) I spoke with was eager to help and met me with a smile on their face. I will definitely be back next time I have business in DC.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

Jacknville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife an I stayed here while visiting Washington DC because we earned some free nights with the choice hotels credit card. It was close enough to the Metrorail to walk, but their doorman happily shuttled us daily. Great kid. The room was nice and clean. It had even been updated. The young lady at the desk, Jennifer, I think, was very helpful, and made us feel very welcome and appreciated. Don't count out Silver Spring if visiting DC. There is all sorts of good food near the hotel and it's in a pretty good area. Good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 13, 2013

Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on our recent trip to Washington DC. because it was convenient to a family home where the rest of our party stayed. It is also convenient to the metro (shuttle service provided) for those who don't want to drive into DC. The staff were all friendly and more than helpful. The room was clean with a coffe maker, fridge and microwave that met all our needs. The breakfast room was well stocked but a bit small on days when a large group was in attendance. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Piscataway, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice renovation, This is the best comfort inn I ever stayed in, hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly including manager(Harry).
I have never been to Maryland before it was my first time, I was kind of surprise to to city such well up-kept. They also have shuttle so if you want to get around silver springs its very convenience to get around to eat or shop,

Thanks

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 7, 2013

Edgerton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Silver Spring for the first time with the Discovering Democracy field study group (Milton, WI) late in March 2013 and am VERY GLAD to have become acquainted with the motel! The hospitality expressed by the staff - each and every staffer I communicated with - with helpfulness and friendliness. The breakfast each morning was more complete than I have experienced in my many travels to various hotels/motels. Donna put icing on the cake with her friendliness each morning. Once I learned the location of the Silver Springs Metro station and got acquainted with the downtown from the motel, I was impressed by the convenient location of the motel. The Shuttle on weekdays is very helpful. Disappointed no shuttle on weekends (Sat & Sun). I am looking forward to being back again... the sooner the better...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business