“Poor customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring

You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7990 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910-4860 (Formerly Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Columbus, Ohio
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

At check in, the desk clerk advised I had 2 reservations. I advised her I only made a single reservation for 1 room for 2 adults. She indicated she understood and proceeded to check me in.

The room was small, the bed was located only about 18-24 inches away from the air conditioner. The air conditioner had been fitted with a plastic adapter which forced the stream of air to blow directly onto the bed in the area where your head rested. I awoke in the morning with a sore throat (no surprise).

In the morning, while in the breakfast area, I noticed two Comfort Inn supervisors observing the breakfast service. I related to them the poor ergonomics or the plastic modification shield blowing the stream of cold air directly onto a sleeping person's head. One of the supervisors proceeded to try and justify the setup, then asked me point blank to go onto the Comfort Inn and/or TripAdvisor websites and give them an outstanding rating - ?? (No chance)

Two days later, I discovered Comfort Inn had billed my credit card for both reservations, 2 different room numbers, even after I pointed out the mistake when I checked in. It required 3 telephone calls to get a credit for the duplicate billing.

My advice - stay clear of this one !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank The_Lizard1
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please contact our General Manager for your inconvience and we apologize that your stay was not legendary.

Our hotel will be addressing all matters concerning your guest experience. I hope you give us another chance to "win" your business.

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is nicely renovated hotel with easy access to DC. Every staff member (especially Kiran!) I spoke with was eager to help and met me with a smile on their face. I will definitely be back next time I have business in DC.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

Jacknville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife an I stayed here while visiting Washington DC because we earned some free nights with the choice hotels credit card. It was close enough to the Metrorail to walk, but their doorman happily shuttled us daily. Great kid. The room was nice and clean. It had even been updated. The young lady at the desk, Jennifer, I think, was very helpful, and made us feel very welcome and appreciated. Don't count out Silver Spring if visiting DC. There is all sorts of good food near the hotel and it's in a pretty good area. Good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 13, 2013

Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on our recent trip to Washington DC. because it was convenient to a family home where the rest of our party stayed. It is also convenient to the metro (shuttle service provided) for those who don't want to drive into DC. The staff were all friendly and more than helpful. The room was clean with a coffe maker, fridge and microwave that met all our needs. The breakfast room was well stocked but a bit small on days when a large group was in attendance. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Piscataway, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice renovation, This is the best comfort inn I ever stayed in, hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly including manager(Harry).
I have never been to Maryland before it was my first time, I was kind of surprise to to city such well up-kept. They also have shuttle so if you want to get around silver springs its very convenience to get around to eat or shop,

Thanks

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Edgerton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Silver Spring for the first time with the Discovering Democracy field study group (Milton, WI) late in March 2013 and am VERY GLAD to have become acquainted with the motel! The hospitality expressed by the staff - each and every staffer I communicated with - with helpfulness and friendliness. The breakfast each morning was more complete than I have experienced in my many travels to various hotels/motels. Donna put icing on the cake with her friendliness each morning. Once I learned the location of the Silver Springs Metro station and got acquainted with the downtown from the motel, I was impressed by the convenient location of the motel. The Shuttle on weekdays is very helpful. Disappointed no shuttle on weekends (Sat & Sun). I am looking forward to being back again... the sooner the better...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First of all I live in MA. My wife, brother-in-law, and I were coming back from vacation in Orlando FL. Our van broke down in Silver Springs MD. It was a Saturday night March 16 at 11:30. We had help finding your hotel. We checked in with a gentleman named Jaime. We had told Jaime what had happened with the van. He made the check in process very smooth and easy for us. He had given us directions to an auto zone to get the part we needed. He also gave us a name of a mechanic he said could help us. Just before going up to our room, room 415, he had offered to take us to the auto zone in the morning if we could be downstairs for 7:00. He told us he would be leaving at 7:00. We did meet him in the lobby at 7. We had breakfast down stairs before leaving. He indeed drove us to the auto zone and told us where to meet the mechanic.
He got us to Auto Zone at 8:00. They did not open until 9. He offered to wait with us til they opened then bring us back to where our van was broken down. He insisted that it was no problem for him to wait with us. We feel he went above and beyond what he need to do to help us. We never expected this kind of help but were greatly appreciative of his help.He did leave us at Auto zone as we had asked. We knew he had been up all night and needed to get some rest and do things he probably needed to do for himself.
It was a blessing to know that there are still people like Jaime out there who are more than happy to help those in need. Even though we were only there in your hotel for one night, I believe Jaime treats all hotel guest with the same generosity as he had shown us. The truth is, he made our stay there very good. If I ever need to stay in your area again, I would definately go back to your hotel because of Jaime. He is a great person to have to represent your hotel and your hotel is very lucky to have such a wonderful person like him.
I hope Jaime gets recognized from the hotel for the effort he put in to helping us as a guest in the hotel.
Kris P.

Room Tip: I have no tip other than Jaime was a great help to us.