First of all I live in MA. My wife, brother-in-law, and I were coming back from vacation in Orlando FL. Our van broke down in Silver Springs MD. It was a Saturday night March 16 at 11:30. We had help finding your hotel. We checked in with a gentleman named Jaime. We had told Jaime what had happened with the van. He made the check in process very smooth and easy for us. He had given us directions to an auto zone to get the part we needed. He also gave us a name of a mechanic he said could help us. Just before going up to our room, room 415, he had offered to take us to the auto zone in the morning if we could be downstairs for 7:00. He told us he would be leaving at 7:00. We did meet him in the lobby at 7. We had breakfast down stairs before leaving. He indeed drove us to the auto zone and told us where to meet the mechanic.
He got us to Auto Zone at 8:00. They did not open until 9. He offered to wait with us til they opened then bring us back to where our van was broken down. He insisted that it was no problem for him to wait with us. We feel he went above and beyond what he need to do to help us. We never expected this kind of help but were greatly appreciative of his help.He did leave us at Auto zone as we had asked. We knew he had been up all night and needed to get some rest and do things he probably needed to do for himself.
It was a blessing to know that there are still people like Jaime out there who are more than happy to help those in need. Even though we were only there in your hotel for one night, I believe Jaime treats all hotel guest with the same generosity as he had shown us. The truth is, he made our stay there very good. If I ever need to stay in your area again, I would definately go back to your hotel because of Jaime. He is a great person to have to represent your hotel and your hotel is very lucky to have such a wonderful person like him.
I hope Jaime gets recognized from the hotel for the effort he put in to helping us as a guest in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 127 Newly Renovated Guest Rooms & Public Area's as of December 16, 2014 Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Restaurants & Lounge's within walking distance Interior Corridors, Two Elevators & every guest room has a Microwave & Refrigerator 4 blocks from Metro Station Complimentary Shuttle(7am-9pm/Mon-Fri) Valet & Self-Parking available($10 a day) Bus Parking is Free for Groups Free Fitness Center & Business Center Stay with us to earn & use your IHG Rewards any where in the World & with us Free Wireless & Cable High Speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring