“Unsecure room(s)” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Rockville
“Unsecure room(s)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I paid $101.69 and was directed to room # 117. 5 mins. after entering the room, someone just pushed in the door and entered, I thought I had locked the deadbolt only to find that there was a knob, but no bolt. After speaking to the manager he directed me to room 121 however, the lock on the door there, did not work either. Finally they placed me in a 3rd room #124 which had no hot running water or heat. THIS HOTEL IS NOT SECURE!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and we do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We are currently renovating our property along with on going preventative maintenance program. As always if you would like to contact me please call (301) 588-4400 for further discussion of your stay at the Days Inn Silver Spring.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Van Wert, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at this Days Inn because we have had great experiences with other Days Inn. We were actually staying for a week because we were visiting our son who was interning for NOAA in Silver Spring. My husband likes to save money, so he booked the whole week here because it was cheap. I guess we figured out why. The hotel was not taken well care of. Just about everything in our room either didn't work or was broken. The worst part, I woke up at 3:00 am to the sound of something rattling plastic...well it was mice. They got into our donut box, and even chewed a hole through the box and ate half of one donut. We brought this to the front desk's attention, and they acted like they were appalled, but it was obvious they knew that they had a mice problem. To top this off, my son dropped something behind the head of the bed, when he lifted the mattress to retrieve the item, he found a glue trap with two dead mice on it. The other problem we had at this hotel, was trying to get towels and wash cloths. We had four people in our room, and they gave us two towels and one wash cloth. When I called down for more, I had to go to the front desk to get them. When I got down to the front desk, they would only give me three towels and three wash cloths. We were staying for six days. I had to do this every day, and practically beg for them. I was not impressed with this place. The room was clean overall, but it really needed some repairs and updating. However, the mice problem was not acceptable!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Based on your review we have made changes and updates to our rooms for an enjoyable and pleasant stay. We request you to come back and visit us to see our updates.
Management

Travelers are raving about these Silver Spring hotels

Ellington, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travel a great deal and I cannot express the level of disgust I felt checking into this place. A non smoking room with an ash tray on the table? Carpets that are soiled and lifting, smell in the room and I can guarantee what crawls around after the lights go off. Days Inn should drop this property and their affiliation from their lineup. OK, have to keep review brief as I went a couple exits over to my preferred Hampton Inn which I did not know was close. Good night all, I am going to boil myself and eliminate any trace that I was near this Days Inn. What hospitality ISN'T.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Management
Woonsocket
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Rooms were dirty, rugs disgusting, Roaches, and the help knew when ALL of us complained about the issues... They knew !!! It will never happen AGAIN that I stay in the Days Inn it's worth the extra money to stay ANY WHERE else !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
#4 of 12 in Silver Spring
4.0 of 5 stars 300 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North

Been to Days Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!