“Worst Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Van Wert, Ohio
“Worst Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at this Days Inn because we have had great experiences with other Days Inn. We were actually staying for a week because we were visiting our son who was interning for NOAA in Silver Spring. My husband likes to save money, so he booked the whole week here because it was cheap. I guess we figured out why. The hotel was not taken well care of. Just about everything in our room either didn't work or was broken. The worst part, I woke up at 3:00 am to the sound of something rattling plastic...well it was mice. They got into our donut box, and even chewed a hole through the box and ate half of one donut. We brought this to the front desk's attention, and they acted like they were appalled, but it was obvious they knew that they had a mice problem. To top this off, my son dropped something behind the head of the bed, when he lifted the mattress to retrieve the item, he found a glue trap with two dead mice on it. The other problem we had at this hotel, was trying to get towels and wash cloths. We had four people in our room, and they gave us two towels and one wash cloth. When I called down for more, I had to go to the front desk to get them. When I got down to the front desk, they would only give me three towels and three wash cloths. We were staying for six days. I had to do this every day, and practically beg for them. I was not impressed with this place. The room was clean overall, but it really needed some repairs and updating. However, the mice problem was not acceptable!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Based on your review we have made changes and updates to our rooms for an enjoyable and pleasant stay. We request you to come back and visit us to see our updates.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ellington, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travel a great deal and I cannot express the level of disgust I felt checking into this place. A non smoking room with an ash tray on the table? Carpets that are soiled and lifting, smell in the room and I can guarantee what crawls around after the lights go off. Days Inn should drop this property and their affiliation from their lineup. OK, have to keep review brief as I went a couple exits over to my preferred Hampton Inn which I did not know was close. Good night all, I am going to boil myself and eliminate any trace that I was near this Days Inn. What hospitality ISN'T.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Guest,
Management

Travelers are raving about these Silver Spring hotels

Woonsocket
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Rooms were dirty, rugs disgusting, Roaches, and the help knew when ALL of us complained about the issues... They knew !!! It will never happen AGAIN that I stay in the Days Inn it's worth the extra money to stay ANY WHERE else !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends