“Disappointed”

Reviewed September 19, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Silver Spring

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Rooms were dirty, rugs disgusting, Roaches, and the help knew when ALL of us complained about the issues... They knew !!! It will never happen AGAIN that I stay in the Days Inn it's worth the extra money to stay ANY WHERE else !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was surprised when I entered the hot stuffy lobby to check in, to see the front desk enclosed in Plexiglass as if it were a bank. Strange I thought. When I gave my name, my reservation for two rooms was verified and I was given the invoices to sign. Before doing so I noticed two different prices for the two nights the rooms were booked. I gave the manager my booking confirmation print out and he instructed the clerk who did not seem to know what he was doing, to make the change.
The place is filthy, run down, and in need of remodeling. It's so bad, it should be condemned. The stairs leading to the second floor are made of iron, and the have holes and broken pieces on them. the walls, doors haven't seen paint in a long time. The air conditioner in the room I went into did not work well, the smoke alarm was hanging off the wall, the drawer handles were broken, and the toilet had no seat cover. In addition, there were insects flying in the room and I killed a roach with my shoe that was crawling on the wall.
The bed I slept on had no mattress cover, the bottom sheet was not fitted, so it came off and I found myself sleeping on plastic covering. The coffee maker in both rooms were never washed and cleaned. The property was chosen because of its close proximity to Washington, DC.
I've stayed in many Days Inn properties before and never experienced anything like what I did at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

onesun4me,
During the time of your stay we were updating and renovating rooms. We would like to invite you to re-visit us and experience the updates. At your earliest convenience please give us a call so we can make your reservation. The number is (301) 588-4400.
General Manager,
Joe

Reviewed August 23, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice enough room but for the extra $15 over the connected TraveLodge thought we were getting complimentary breakfast. Desk attendant seemed a little disconnected. Ice machine on 2nd floor of TraveLodge. No snack vending machines but plenty of soda machines!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks for your review Ms. Judy W. The ice machine was being repaired and I am so sorry this was an inconvenience to you. Our goal is to make your trip and your stay with us very enjoyable. I am sorry that the repair of that machine fell on your trip, but know we would like you to come and give us another try. Thanks again and see you soon.