See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice enough room but for the extra $15 over the connected TraveLodge thought we were getting complimentary breakfast. Desk attendant seemed a little disconnected. Ice machine on 2nd floor of TraveLodge. No snack vending machines but plenty of soda machines!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks for your review Ms. Judy W. The ice machine was being repaired and I am so sorry this was an inconvenience to you. Our goal is to make your trip and your stay with us very enjoyable. I am sorry that the repair of that machine fell on your trip, but know we would like you to come and give us another try. Thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Despite advertising a business center computer on its website, this property had none. It's never a good sign to walk into a lobby and see immediately a paper sign saying "Our computer is down sorry for the inconvenience." Not all of us travel with laptops. What's more, the first staff member said "we probably need a new computer." A second staff member blamed this on a guest who "messed it up" and falsely told me it would be repaired by the next morning. Ultimately, I learned the computer was down for a week continuously, with no apparent effort to fix it.
Also, my "non-smoking" room was on the end next to the storage area and outdoor walkway; whoever was smoking caused the smoke to filter in, making my bathroom and the whole entranceway to the room smoky.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thanks you for your review Mr. Roger S. Our business center computer was not operable during your stay and for that I am sorry. Please know that it is working and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is old and very run down. Nothing works. The pool was closed, the computer in the lobby was out of service, lights in our room didn't work, the sink would not drain, the fridge froze our food and water. I picked this hotel (really just a small motel) because of the price and proximity to DC, but I wished I had paid more and stayed someplace nicer. I even convinced my sister and her family to stay with us and I was so embarrassed when we got there. Of the seven of us in three rooms, three of us in two rooms got bitten by bed bugs and asked for our rooms to be changed. There is not enough parking for everyone and they had a huge dumpster in the parking lot taking up several spaces so that made it even worse. When my granddaughter's stuffed toy got taken by the housekeeping staff by mistake when the sheets were changed on the bed, no one could find it, and the office staff insisted they did not have it. My daughter had to go back to the office and demand that they check again and very grudgingly they checked and found it in about 5 minutes. The housekeeping staff does not speak any English, so we could not ask them for anything. Do yourself a favor and book some place nicer. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Find somewhere nicer to stay, you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Robin, thanks for your review. We are sorry the pool was out of service during your stay, no that we are improving the property as we speak with upgraded amenity and our goal is to provide our guest with the best of service. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me. Joe 301-588-4400 Thanks again