“Terrible customer service, disgusting rooms.”

Days Inn Silver Spring
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Jackson, New Jersey
“Terrible customer service, disgusting rooms.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We reserved a non-smoking king bed for 2 nights. When we arrived the first day our room had been given to another guest by mistake and we were forced to spend the night in a non-smoking double. The employee at the front desk told us our room would be switched to a non-smoking king the next day. We emptied out our room before leaving for the day in preparation for the switch. Upon coming back to the hotel we find that our room was never switched. Not wanting to sleep in a double bed yet again, we tried our luck with a smoking king room. It was the most disgusting hotel room I've ever slept in. The room WREAKED, there were stains all over the carpet and furniture, the bathroom door didn't lock, and there was no alarm clock. We'll never make the mistake of staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for writing a review. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on every guest experience. We hope you will allow us to be of service to you in the future.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 301-588-4400

Joseph Oden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Syosset, NY
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My mother-in-law has disowned me after staying at this motel. The toilet didn't flush correctly, the deadbolt lock didn't work (we placed a chair against the door), the light bulbs either didn't work or were missing, the Bible had doodling all over the place, the area was unsafe or at least gave that appearance. I could go on but why bother. Spend a few extra bucks and go elsewhere and continue being part of a family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Your feedback helps us to focus on the experience of our guest. It also gives us opportunity to address any issues, and focus on great guest service. Please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

If you would like to discuss this any further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 301-588-4400.

Travelers are raving about these Silver Spring hotels

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Housekeeping staff was good, but bathroom old & run down. Front desk was helpful with directions; then didn't know English when the refrigerator stopped working & lost ALL our food inside. 1 plug for microwave & fridge but meither worled. Was very close to the free bus which dropped off @ silver spring metro. Tv was TERRIBLE there was a hole w/ splitter hanging out and picture would of been better w/ rabbit ears & foil.

• Stayed March 2012
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay.

Please know that we apologize for any inconvinnience you've experienced during your visit. Know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are currently in the process of renovating and upgrading our rooms.

Once again we hope that you will let us serve you again in the future.

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed here Jan 15-22, 2012 and almost everything about this hotel was horrible. They didn't tell me when I checked in that they were renovating the rooms directly next to and above me. They replaced the carpets each night but didn't start until after 10pm when I was already in bed. The banging, dragging, yelling lasted most of the night each night. In the morning they were gone and I left early so I thought they were done. But no, each night they returned. My room could have used renovating and would only qualify as, at best, a one star hotel. The faucet handle came off in my hand, the chair had creepy stains all over the seat, the fridge froze the one thing I put in it, the maid didn't refill the coffee packets, the outlet covers were missing, the headboard had mysterious scratches and holes, the air conditioner/heater had such worn out controls that you couldn't even read it anymore and had to guess by the temperature of the air if you were getting heat or a/c. I hated this place. When I wrote to Days Inn they sent me a lame letter about wanting all their guests to be satisfied. What a terrible experience. Don't stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
TravelArtMusic, Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you did not find your stay here satisfactory. As you noticed we are working hard to improve the hotel and we hope that you come back. Sincerely, GM, Joe Oden
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August start of September 2011 while touring colleges in Washington DC and Baltimore. The good things I can say about this place is that the staff was pretty friendly and the room had a frig and microwave, was reasonably clean but a bit run down, parking was plentiful and the location provides reasonable access to the metro and the Beltway, The bad things are: The bathroom smelled of mold. There was no WIFI access in the first room we had and the second room's access was pretty weak. The property was pretty dirty and run down, the ice machine was broken and the area was pretty sketchy. I've stayed in other DC areas hotels within the same price range which were much better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Shirley T
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This motel qualifies as cheap in the D.C. / Silver Spring area. The neighborhood is fine now but used not to be, hence the bullet-proof glass in the lobby. The staff are very nice. The rooms need maintenance -- mine had an exposed electrical outlet and the heater control did not operate properly. The bed was too soft for my liking. But the wifi works great, the refrigerator and microwave are a nice touch, the size of the room was fine with a king bed in it, and the desk and chairs were good. Next time I'll try the Travelodge next door, just to compare.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The people were nice, but it was pretty dirty. We wanted a smoke free room and it did nothing but smell of smoke. The walls were dirty and it was down right disgusting. Thank God we only had to spend one night.

Room Tip: I am sorry I wouldn't stay there again. It's a good spot, but they really need to update i...