Days Inn Silver Spring
$162
$147
Hotels.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Housekeeping staff was good, but bathroom old & run down. Front desk was helpful with directions; then didn't know English when the refrigerator stopped working & lost ALL our food inside. 1 plug for microwave & fridge but meither worled. Was very close to the free bus which dropped off @ silver spring metro. Tv was TERRIBLE there was a hole w/ splitter hanging out and picture would of been better w/ rabbit ears & foil.

• Stayed: March 2012
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay.

Please know that we apologize for any inconvinnience you've experienced during your visit. Know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are currently in the process of renovating and upgrading our rooms.

Once again we hope that you will let us serve you again in the future.

Joseph Oden

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed here Jan 15-22, 2012 and almost everything about this hotel was horrible. They didn't tell me when I checked in that they were renovating the rooms directly next to and above me. They replaced the carpets each night but didn't start until after 10pm when I was already in bed. The banging, dragging, yelling lasted most of the night each night. In the morning they were gone and I left early so I thought they were done. But no, each night they returned. My room could have used renovating and would only qualify as, at best, a one star hotel. The faucet handle came off in my hand, the chair had creepy stains all over the seat, the fridge froze the one thing I put in it, the maid didn't refill the coffee packets, the outlet covers were missing, the headboard had mysterious scratches and holes, the air conditioner/heater had such worn out controls that you couldn't even read it anymore and had to guess by the temperature of the air if you were getting heat or a/c. I hated this place. When I wrote to Days Inn they sent me a lame letter about wanting all their guests to be satisfied. What a terrible experience. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

TravelArtMusic, Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you did not find your stay here satisfactory. As you noticed we are working hard to improve the hotel and we hope that you come back. Sincerely, GM, Joe Oden

Reviewed December 22, 2011

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August start of September 2011 while touring colleges in Washington DC and Baltimore. The good things I can say about this place is that the staff was pretty friendly and the room had a frig and microwave, was reasonably clean but a bit run down, parking was plentiful and the location provides reasonable access to the metro and the Beltway, The bad things are: The bathroom smelled of mold. There was no WIFI access in the first room we had and the second room's access was pretty weak. The property was pretty dirty and run down, the ice machine was broken and the area was pretty sketchy. I've stayed in other DC areas hotels within the same price range which were much better.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Shirley T
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This motel qualifies as cheap in the D.C. / Silver Spring area. The neighborhood is fine now but used not to be, hence the bullet-proof glass in the lobby. The staff are very nice. The rooms need maintenance -- mine had an exposed electrical outlet and the heater control did not operate properly. The bed was too soft for my liking. But the wifi works great, the refrigerator and microwave are a nice touch, the size of the room was fine with a king bed in it, and the desk and chairs were good. Next time I'll try the Travelodge next door, just to compare.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The people were nice, but it was pretty dirty. We wanted a smoke free room and it did nothing but smell of smoke. The walls were dirty and it was down right disgusting. Thank God we only had to spend one night.

Room Tip: I am sorry I wouldn't stay there again. It's a good spot, but they really need to update it and clean it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family