Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak
Hampton Inn Silver Spring(Silver Spring)(Great Value!)
$187
Travelocity
$109
$119
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanexcellent lightinghotel reservationeasy accesslate arrivallounge areaevery staff memberwould stay here againbusiness tripthe staff was friendly and helpfuldesk clerkwashington dcrtegymstaplestargetmirror
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We spent 2 nights staying at this hotel as we had friends/family nearby the area. The place is located off of 29 North which if taken all the way down eventually leads you to D.C. the closest metro station is silver spring downtown about 10-15 minutes drive from the hotel. There is nothing within walking distance of the hotel and this place does require a car.

As Silver Spring is not the nicest area within the DC metro area, we did not have the highest expectations - this hotel is actually located north of silver spring and as such was more suburban and not as grungy as silver spring downtown was (though it is now more gentrified).

The hotel rooms were average sized, with standard amenities. They offered free high speed internet (wired) - wireless costed money - however they supplied ethernet cables for your laptop free of charge. No breakfast was included however they did offer a buffet breakfast which we did not do. Generally, rooms were quiet, TV had lots of channels as well.

This is an average hotel in DC metro area with reasonable prices. Without a car, it's nearly impossible to get anywhere within D.C. Also, it is far from certain areas and still requires some knowledge of the area (we grew up near D.C.) so it was no problem coming back.

As traffic is bad in D.C. would recommend driving to the closest metro station in Silver Spring, and metro it into the area - this should get you to all the sights/attractions you need. On weekdays, though parking is charged at the metro structure and parking is limited, weekends it's free.

I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed August 8, 2008

This was our last hotel stay on a road trip to see various major league baseball games. My husband chose it, having stayed here for business many years ago. He apologized to me after our stay. It was the highest priced and we basically received nothing for it, other than a couple of really comfortable beds in a small room with a lovely view of the courtyard. And that was the second room. First we were given a smelly, musty room where they had obviously had problems. Upon walking in and flushing the toilet and seeing the water rise to the top, I refused the offer of maintenance. I requested and received right away, another room on a different floor. We had to request additional towels, enough for 4 people. During the very early first morning, with our newspaper still sitting smack in front of our door, the maids carried on a loud conversation, obviously to see who could yell the loudest. We stopped by the breakfast area in the lobby, but decided it wasn't worth it to pay $10.95 pp for the identical breakfast we had received elsewhere for no additional charge. Both mornings that we were there, we ate out and paid far less. And no doubt it was better tasting. On a few of our ins and outs we saw trash strewn through the parking lot. While the area was very convenient to side trips to Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington for the baseball game, as well as to a relative who had just moved nearby, I would definitely choose another hotel or even another area next time. I would not stay here again. And I think 2 stars might be generous.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cherylpd1
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Excellent stay, good staff, friendly, clean rooms.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank dac
Reviewed June 16, 2006

Stayed for one night in a room with 2 queen beds. The room was large and had plenty of room for our luggage. A huge desk was provided and was nice to use for some work I had to do. The beds were extremely comfortable and I think there were about 5 pillows on each bed (some feather pillows, too!). It's nice to have a room with 2 beds and have the beds be queen size, rather than double. Just makes it that much nicer. The hotel was very quiet. We were checked out earlier than the restaurant opened, so I can't comment on that. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank stace11
Reviewed June 6, 2006

Just stayed there this weekend for a graduation. A beautiful new hotel, located right off
Rt 29 in a safe, new commercial area. Definitely geared more towards the upscale business traveler than families. Didn't have time to do any sightseeing but the location
would be convenient for going into the DC area easily.

Very nice staff at the front desk. Ask for a 2nd floor room with a little balcony overlooking the beautifully landscaped courtyard, with a cute gazebo in the middle we had all to ourselves one night. There's a nice sized indoor pool and hot tub but the life guard had a definite problem skulking around or just laying on the chaise lounges. I wouldn't feel comfortable swimming unless my husband was with me.

We had a king sized bed, too firm for my tastes but with great European linens.
The room was on the small size considering it was $122 a night. Very clean but only had one small sample of shampoo in the bathroom area. There was free coffee at all times in the gorgeous lobby with a big screen TV, fireplace and great comfy chairs. The computer area with internet access and 1 computer is also in the lobby. Nice not to have to hunt all over the hotel for it, plus kids will be safe within sight of the front desk. There's a restaurant in the lobby for a nice but pricey breakfast buffet, around $7 - $9 per person.
If you're traveling with kids, I'd suggest going out for breakfast to save some $$. There's a nice mall area with a grocery store, Kohl's, Target, Friendly's & McDonald's right behind it. Didn't find any restaurants nearby though, but the hotel staff provided a list and directions. I will definitely stay there again because of the convenient location and how well maintained it was.

5  Thank Bigsnook