“Nice Hotel -- Good Value”

Courtyard Silver Spring North
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Tampa, Florida
“Nice Hotel -- Good Value”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is located in an area that is mainly residential, so only a few restaurants close by. Rooms are clean and staff is very helpful. A limited cafe that offers all of the basics at reasonable prices. The indoor pool hours are inconvenient -- only open after 5 pm during the week. Overall enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that to hear that your were satisfied with your visit. I am sorry that the pool hours were not convenient for you. We have to have a pool operator/guard on duty and as such we open during the evening on the weekday and all day on weekends.

We hope that you will visit us if you come back to Silver Spring.

Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff truly is wonderful. But they cannot make up for what this hotel lacks. If you are just going for business for a night, this will be fine. Unless you are wanting a nice fitness area. This hotel does not have a nice one AT ALL. No water, no towels, one treadmill from the 1980s, an elliptical in need of servicing and one weight bench. Everything was dirty too. The rooms are small for a Courtyard, but we were hardly ever in them. Indoor pool and hot tub was nice, and it's nice that they have a lifeguard, but they are only open 5-10pm. They do offer the pool at the Residence Inn down the street, but who wants to lug everything down the street and come home soaking wet? Rooms were always cleaned very well. One really outstanding thing they did, they had ran out of detergent (there is an onsite laundry...not free though), someone on the staff had went out and bought some and they had put them in individual (enough for a large load) ziplock bags. We really appreciated whomever did that! The Bistro had decent food. It was a quiet hotel too.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room not far from the elevator, but the elevator is slow so we always took the st...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. I am happy that you thought the staff as wonderful as I do. I am very proud of them all. I will pass on your comments.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our exercise room. You are 100% correct it is outdated and lacking. However, I have wonderful news! We will be replacing all of our equipment this week to be exact. Once the room is completed we will have, a new elliptical, treadmills and weights. They will include built in televisions. We are very excited to see the results. I hope that you will have the opportunity to utilize them in the future.

Thank you again for your patronage of the hotel and please visit us again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Great staff and rooms very clean when we went the pool was closed but we had a great view of a nice pretty scenery out our sliding door very comfortable beds kind of felt like a piece of heaven but no microwave in rooms overall I would stay there again

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Mytrio
I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel. It was lovely to hear your comment about our brand new beds that were replaced during our renovation that ended in April.

So sorry that the pool was closed. We must have a pool guard/operator on duty to open so during the week we open in the evening from 5pm to 10pm. On the weekends we are open all day. Perhaps you can come back again on the weekend and enjoy our pool and whirlpool at that time.

As to the microwaves you are correct they do not come with our standard rooms but next time please call down to the desk and we will get one right up to you. We do have them on hand by request.

We hope that you enjoy the rest of the summer and please visit us again in the future.

Markham
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this hotel so much, we were sad to leave. The room was very clean, the bed extremely comfortable and my husband enjoyed having a sofa to relax on while watching the flat screen TV. I enjoyed the free and fast Wifi and the comfortable work desk and desk chair. Our room faced the courtyard and had a small balcony with two chairs and a table. We didn't use the balcony, though, due to the hot weather. Our room was quiet, even though the ice machine was across the hall. The bathroom was actually two rooms. The tub and toilet were in a one room. The sink and closet were together, making a great little dressing room. There were lots of hangers, a full size ironing board and iron, and a hairdryer. We asked for a small refrigerator and it was promptly delivered. Staff here were very friendly. We were able to be in downtown DC in no time, once we found the Metro station and parking (Glenmont was easy to get to even during rush hour and had a good parking garage that was easily accessible). It took us about half an hour to drive to Baltimore to see a baseball game at Camden Yards.We enjoyed the restaurants at the mall down the road. We also enjoyed the Bistro in the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North we strive to provide best in class service to our valued guests and I am most gratified to see that we did not let you down.

We appreciate that you took the time to write your review. I invite you to come and visit us in the future should your travels return you to our area.

All our best,
Surrounded by Water
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Chic and attractive, the lobby with large screen TV, comfortable seating, and food & drinks at "The Bistro" welcome the weary traveler at check-in. We found the staff to be friendly and happy, eager to answer questions, and just plain nice people. That was refreshing. Also, comfortable rooms with a multipurpose desk-table on wheels. Great idea. The interior courtyard rooms have outside seating for relaxation, so ask for one. Unfortunately, the pool and hot tub were closed, and that was a disappointment given the warm weather. Our door's night deadbolt did not function, but there was a night latch for added security. The good wireless connection in the room, easy to reach electrical outlets for chargers and the LG flat screen made up for any short comings. We will definitely keep this one on our list for a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the inside courtyard with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Good day,

We appreciate your business and all of the wonderful compliments regarding the hotel and our staff. At the Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North/Calverton we strive to give our guest's the highest standard of service and I am glad that we provided that for you.

The pool and whirlpool are open from 5pm to 10pm on the weekday and 10am to 10 pm on the weekends. We have to open that way because we need a certified pool operator/guard on duty. I am sorry that you did not have the opportunity to use the pool. Hopefully that will not be the case next time.

Thanks for alerting us to the lock issue, we will have that addressed immediately by having all of our doors checked.

I hope that you are having a wonderful summer and we look forward to serving you should your travels return you to our area.

Danielle M. Hood
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in total 6 nights in early May 2013. The Hotel room was very clean but lucking fresh air. Internet had good data speed. The hotel has their own Bistro with breakfast. There are excellent restaurants not far away from the hotel. For the price, this is an excellent hotel, in overall we are VERY pleased.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. It was very gratifying to read your positive comments regarding the Bistro, internet and our location in particular.
I apologize that the room was stuffy. We have utilized your comments with our Housekeeping Department in an effort to improve our service.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels return you to our area.

Danielle Hood
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a very good place to stay when your travels take you to Silver Spring, Maryland. The location is quite convenient being just a block off of US 29 at Randolph Road/Cherry Hill Road. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful in all of my interactions with them. They upgraded my traveling companion and I to a mini suite which was very much appreciated. The room was very clean with no smell of tobacco [it is a smoke free room]. The bathroom also was very clean with three sets of towels. The bed was excellent, however, it had a one piece duvet [or comforter] with no top sheet. My companion and I both were too hot with this even with the air conditioning on 72 degrees. I would prefer a sheet and blanket that I can better regulate the amount of covering.

The included breakfast was less than I get at cheaper motels. They had potatoes, scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, one type of sweet roll, bread for toasting, yogurt, fruit, and drinks. It is a decent meal and I am not complaining. I am simplying saying it is less of a breakfast than I find at Comfort Inn and its relations for less money than a Courtyard.

I was here for two nights and during the whole time the Internet was down in the "Business Center." The WI-fi was working. On the day of departure the desk staff were kind enough to print my boarding pass for me. Thank you.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and was able to accomplish what I came to Silver Springs for. The Courtyard is a very adequate and comfortable place to stay and very convenient for me. I did not use the fitness facility [it looked fairly small] or any of the other amenities. For most purposes this is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments regarding you visit with us in May. I am happy that our loaction off of route 29 was convenient for you and that your stay was comfortable. It was regrettable that the lobby WiFi was down during your visit. I am happy to report that our internet provider was able to get our internet up and running in the lobby shortly after your departure.

Should you visit us again in the future we hope that our Exercise room renovation is complete. I think that you will be pleased with the new equipment. We are slated to have the room renovated by the end of August.

Have a wonderful summer and please come and visit us soon.

Danielle M. Hood