“Satisfied”

Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in total 6 nights in early May 2013. The Hotel room was very clean but lucking fresh air. Internet had good data speed. The hotel has their own Bistro with breakfast. There are excellent restaurants not far away from the hotel. For the price, this is an excellent hotel, in overall we are VERY pleased.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. It was very gratifying to read your positive comments regarding the Bistro, internet and our location in particular.
I apologize that the room was stuffy. We have utilized your comments with our Housekeeping Department in an effort to improve our service.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels return you to our area.

Danielle Hood

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a very good place to stay when your travels take you to Silver Spring, Maryland. The location is quite convenient being just a block off of US 29 at Randolph Road/Cherry Hill Road. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful in all of my interactions with them. They upgraded my traveling companion and I to a mini suite which was very much appreciated. The room was very clean with no smell of tobacco [it is a smoke free room]. The bathroom also was very clean with three sets of towels. The bed was excellent, however, it had a one piece duvet [or comforter] with no top sheet. My companion and I both were too hot with this even with the air conditioning on 72 degrees. I would prefer a sheet and blanket that I can better regulate the amount of covering.

The included breakfast was less than I get at cheaper motels. They had potatoes, scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, one type of sweet roll, bread for toasting, yogurt, fruit, and drinks. It is a decent meal and I am not complaining. I am simplying saying it is less of a breakfast than I find at Comfort Inn and its relations for less money than a Courtyard.

I was here for two nights and during the whole time the Internet was down in the "Business Center." The WI-fi was working. On the day of departure the desk staff were kind enough to print my boarding pass for me. Thank you.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and was able to accomplish what I came to Silver Springs for. The Courtyard is a very adequate and comfortable place to stay and very convenient for me. I did not use the fitness facility [it looked fairly small] or any of the other amenities. For most purposes this is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments regarding you visit with us in May. I am happy that our loaction off of route 29 was convenient for you and that your stay was comfortable. It was regrettable that the lobby WiFi was down during your visit. I am happy to report that our internet provider was able to get our internet up and running in the lobby shortly after your departure.

Should you visit us again in the future we hope that our Exercise room renovation is complete. I think that you will be pleased with the new equipment. We are slated to have the room renovated by the end of August.

Have a wonderful summer and please come and visit us soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel one night after attending a wedding in downtown Silver Spring. The property is right off of 29N, so it's easy to access. It's very close to a shopping center with Ihop, Chick fil A and Panera. Stayed in a king suite and it was well decorated and clean. The room does have the sink and shower/ toilet area separate. I personally don't like that set-up. The living area had a bar, microwave, and mini fridge. Overall I was pleased.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to offer a review of our hotel.

At the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott we strive to provide our guests with a quality experience and I am glad that we provided that for you. I do hope that you will consider visiting us agin in the future should your travels return you to our area.

Silver Spring Courtayrd by Marriott

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The front desk staff is very professional. I arrived at 1:00 am in the morning and they were very accommodating. The Hotel room was very clean and tasteful. My internet, which is essential for me, had easy access and good data speed. The hotel has their own Bistro with breakfast made to order and a wonderful staff to go with it. The hotel has a pool, sauna, and exercise room. What I enjoy is the open courtyard with room to sit, laugh, and have great discussions. There are excellent restaurants just minutes away. For the price, this is an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the main floor, facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Quiet place, clean rooms, friendly staff, perfect wi-fi. Wonderful matresses cause they are brand new. Location perfect to get around the area. Just as near to Baltimore than it is to Washington. The only thing one should avoid is the rush hour, but that is awful in any big city as well.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room because the windows can be opened and then you can avoid sleeping in the ai...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and patronage of our location here in Silver Spring North.

Traffic is very challenging as we are so strategically located close to many major cities that include Washington DC and Baltimore. It is always wise to plan to leave early to ensure that you arrive at your given destination on time.

We will save you a room with a balcony please just request it and we will make every effort to accommodate you.

Again thanks for the review and we hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend, and was greeted by a woman named Salinam(unsure of spelling). I have stayed at many Marriott hotels, and I have never experienced such a nice warm and detailed welcome as the one that she provided me. She explained all the amenities of the hotel in detail. The hotel has a jacuzzi / hot tub and pool (I did not use either). Hotel has a Bistro which I also did not get to experience. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel has free WIFI and free parking. Nicely located just a few minutes outside of UMD at College Park. Hotel is very comfortable, clean and modern. Would defiintely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: pick a high floor overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I was warmed to read your comments regarding the welcome that you received from our Front Desk Supervisor, Selam. She is simply best in class and we will ensure that we pass on your comments to her. Additionally, we are happy that you appreciated our location and proximity to the University of Maryland.

Please come and visit us again should your travels return you to our area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here numerous times. Location underwent renovations over the past couple of years andit looks really nice. They have several room layouts so when i travel with family we can get a suite with sofabed and fridge, alone I can take a King room. Last time the bed was a little too mushy and I couldn't sleep well, but it may have been me.

I wish they had a complimentary breakfast. Instead, you buy breakfast from The Bistro, their restaurant. I prefer having the choice of cold cereal, fruit, and juices like most mid-range hotels offer.

Check-in and check-out are smooth and staff is generally knowledgable and helpful. Location is great as it's near famly and away from congestion of downtown Silver Spring.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyMan10952

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. I was so happy to hear that you always enjoy your stay at the hotel and appreciate the location.

I hope that you will continue to visit us in the future when your travels bring you to the Silver Spring/Calverton area.