“Very Pleased”

Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The front desk staff is very professional. I arrived at 1:00 am in the morning and they were very accommodating. The Hotel room was very clean and tasteful. My internet, which is essential for me, had easy access and good data speed. The hotel has their own Bistro with breakfast made to order and a wonderful staff to go with it. The hotel has a pool, sauna, and exercise room. What I enjoy is the open courtyard with room to sit, laugh, and have great discussions. There are excellent restaurants just minutes away. For the price, this is an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the main floor, facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Quiet place, clean rooms, friendly staff, perfect wi-fi. Wonderful matresses cause they are brand new. Location perfect to get around the area. Just as near to Baltimore than it is to Washington. The only thing one should avoid is the rush hour, but that is awful in any big city as well.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room because the windows can be opened and then you can avoid sleeping in the ai...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and patronage of our location here in Silver Spring North.

Traffic is very challenging as we are so strategically located close to many major cities that include Washington DC and Baltimore. It is always wise to plan to leave early to ensure that you arrive at your given destination on time.

We will save you a room with a balcony please just request it and we will make every effort to accommodate you.

Again thanks for the review and we hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend, and was greeted by a woman named Salinam(unsure of spelling). I have stayed at many Marriott hotels, and I have never experienced such a nice warm and detailed welcome as the one that she provided me. She explained all the amenities of the hotel in detail. The hotel has a jacuzzi / hot tub and pool (I did not use either). Hotel has a Bistro which I also did not get to experience. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel has free WIFI and free parking. Nicely located just a few minutes outside of UMD at College Park. Hotel is very comfortable, clean and modern. Would defiintely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: pick a high floor overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I was warmed to read your comments regarding the welcome that you received from our Front Desk Supervisor, Selam. She is simply best in class and we will ensure that we pass on your comments to her. Additionally, we are happy that you appreciated our location and proximity to the University of Maryland.

Please come and visit us again should your travels return you to our area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here numerous times. Location underwent renovations over the past couple of years andit looks really nice. They have several room layouts so when i travel with family we can get a suite with sofabed and fridge, alone I can take a King room. Last time the bed was a little too mushy and I couldn't sleep well, but it may have been me.

I wish they had a complimentary breakfast. Instead, you buy breakfast from The Bistro, their restaurant. I prefer having the choice of cold cereal, fruit, and juices like most mid-range hotels offer.

Check-in and check-out are smooth and staff is generally knowledgable and helpful. Location is great as it's near famly and away from congestion of downtown Silver Spring.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyMan10952

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. I was so happy to hear that you always enjoy your stay at the hotel and appreciate the location.

I hope that you will continue to visit us in the future when your travels bring you to the Silver Spring/Calverton area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was there this past weekend. The place is clean and comfortable. Nothing too fancy but really good for what it is and at the price. Also a great location. They do not have a full fledged restaurant but they have a small café which serves breakfast and sandwiches.

Room Tip: Try to avoid Ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I was so very pleased to read you comments. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and our location.

Thanks again for your patronage and we hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you should your travels return you to Silver Spring North.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring for a Friday night. I got in a bit late around 10:30pm, so the only rooms left were on the first floor (I generally prefer higher floors). Upon entering the room, it was clean and up to Marriott standards. After a few minutes, I did notice that I can clearly hear a baby crying loudly in the room next to me. Not sure if the walls could use some more sound-proofing, but it was loud enough to definitely be noticeable. That went on for about an hour or so, and then I'm assuming they went to sleep. However, at that time, in the room on the other side of me, I noticed some very loud talking. They walked in and out of the room a few times, and it was 2 males and 2 females. They were very sketchy looking, and were talking loudly, laughing, cussing, etc. until about 3:00am. To add to it, while the bed at this Courtyard appears comfortable, the pillows are not. The pillows seem to become flat very easily, and didn't really match up to the pillows I'm used to at other Marriott properties. Overall, the room was clean, the service at the front desk was good as usual, and we got the room at a great rate. Unfortunately, the sleep quality could be improved.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so happy that our Associate's and guest room was up to standard. However, I am very sorry to hear that your night's rest was disturbed by noise from adjacent rooms. The noise level is difficult to control but next time please contact the Front Desk immediately and we will discreetly make a call to the neighboring rooms.

I am also very sorry to hear that the pillows were not up to standard. We are currently going through a room renovation that includes new bed and pillows. Hopefully you will be able to return in the future and see our new rooms and bedding.

We appreciate your patronage of our hotel and hope that you will try us again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff here has been very friendly. However, I think their rooms need updating.

The lobby has been redesigned with a big tv and a café like atmosphere. There's some good breakfast and dinner selections as well as an espresso bar.

I would like much better if they got some more updated décor and more comfortable beds in the guest rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I was so very pleased to read you comments regarding our staff and the lobby/Bistro but I was disappointed to read that you found the rooms to be dated. However, I am happy to report that we are now undergoing a room renovation which will address the dated issue. This renovation will end on April 15th. We are very excited to show off our new rooms, so we hope that you will return soon and let us know what you think.

Thanks again for your patronage and we hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you should your travels return you to Silver Spring North/Calverton area.