“Lacking Cleaniness”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Ruckersville, Virginia
“Lacking Cleaniness”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The location is very convient and the front desk staff was very helpful. The room however was not cleaned to Marriott standards. The ice bucket still contained water from the last fuest and there were a few dead bugs in the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Please allow me to thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback though we regret that your experience did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our deepest apologies. We strive to give our guests best in class service and cleanliness and we are so very disappointed that we did not provide that for you during your stay.
Please consider giving us another opportunity to serve you and please notify me when you are coming in. I will be happy to personally make your reservation. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you should your travels bring you back to the Silver Spring area.

Danielle M. Hood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We came for a family event to be held 2 miles from the hotel near US-29. Staff were nice at check in. Even though I had booked through a discounter for a really good rate, we got full service and a lovely room. The pull out couch was a nice extra when our daughter dropped in unexpectedly. I recommend this hotel for its basic, clean and really quiet location.

Room Tip: The indoor pool and the spacious lobby with free coffee were nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Harvey R
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. My entire Team thanks you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay. I hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again should your travels return you to the Silver Spring area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were disappointed in the quality of the front desk service as well as other employees in the lobby at this Marriott. We were there over the weekend Hurricane Sandy hit and I fully appreciate the staff was worried about their families and their own safety but they bordered on being almost rude to the travelers that also had to stay in an unfamiliar surrounding. The internet was not working (prior to the storm) and again the front desk was extremely unhelpful in assisting us. The Marriott corp is known for Customer Service and this facility was Customer "No Service"

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am so very disappointed to read that you did not feel Welcome and cared for during your stay at the hotel. I can certainly understand how off-putting it must have been to be in unfamiliar surroundings during an emergency and have the staff be so neglectful as to appear rude.
Please allow me to apologize that this was the poor impression that we made. We strive to provide the very best service to our guests so that made reading your comments all more disappointing.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the hope that we can renew your confidence in our hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel was chosen because of its proximity to my business assignment. But it turned out to be worthwhile for much more than proximity. The complimentary Internet access was reliable and very adequate enabling me to work early mornings and late evenings, keeping in touch with my Australian office and work tasks. The printer access was fantastic. The room was comfortable and very clean. The layout of the foyer used space well and came across as contemporary.
The staff were always responsive to needs, whether that was at check-in or day or evening or a simple error in the final account - which was fixed with no fuss and a positive spirit.
I can only give this hotel and its staff a very positive endorsement - and without doubt ONLY use THIS hotel whenever in the Silver Springs area.

Room Tip: It was not possible to function with the sliding door open in the room on the side nearest the main...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I was so very pleased to read you comments. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and that the staff accommodated your needs. Thank you as well for the tip on the issue with the sliding glass door. I have passed this on to our Engineering Department for corrective action.

Thanks again for your patronage and we hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you should your travels return you to Silver Spring North.

New Providence, NJ
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Recently stayed two nights while attending Family Weekend at U of Maryland. Usually stay at the Hampton Inn in College Park but their rates for this weekend were double what we paid at the Marriott ($93). The suite was large, extremely clean and very quiet. Bathroom was nicely updated and the shower was terrific. Beds were really comfortable -- the most comfortable of many recent hotel stays. And the A/C and refrigerator were quiet! Didn't wake us up by turning on and off all night.

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Selam checked us in, upgraded our room to a king suite, which was a nice surprise, and suggested many local restaurants for dinner.

Fitness room was small. Tried to use it on two occasions but with two people already using it, we did not want to squeeze in.

The area is surrounded by car dealerships but close by are many chain stores and restaurants. We skipped the lobby breakfast (seemed a little expensive) and went to Friendly's right down the road.

All in all, we're glad we stayed here and drove the few extra miles to the University. It was well worth it to save on the room rate (for this weekend, anyway) and have such a nice room.

Room Tip: Room 358 was very quiet, at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I was delighted that we had the opportunity to serve you. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and the upgrade you received at check-in. I appreciate the compliment on our Front Desk Supervisor, Selam. I have passed on your comments and we have recognized her before our entire team.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I recently spent five days at the Courtyard and had a pleasant experience. The staff recently started having a "Wednesday evening" cookout in the courtyard. We chose to attend and were greeted with free brats, hamburgers, hotdogs, wine, and beer. The staff is courteous and friendly. We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Danielle and her crew (Selam checked us in and was very professional - hope I spelled your name right) run a tight ship at this hotel. My wife and I have stayed twice in the last 6 months and the staff went out of their way to ask how we were doing, if our needs were met, the room was spotless, and the hot tub/pool area was also clean.

Perfect!!!

PS - Danielle, if you read this...words cannot describe how much the upgrade meant to me and my wife. I'm not sure what I did in a past life to warrant it, but you have earned yourselves customers for life:-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your review and I must admit that it was especially heartwarming. I was so very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the upgraded room. I will share your comments with our Associates and we will celebrate. Here at the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott we pride ourselves on providing the very best service to our guest's and I am glad that we provided that to you. I hope to personally meet you on your next visit.

Danielle