Courtyard Silver Spring North/White Oak
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Kirkland Center(Silver Spring)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Econo Lodge(College Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanexcellent lightinghotel reservationeasy accesslate arrivallounge areaevery staff memberwould stay here againbusiness tripthe staff was friendly and helpfuldesk clerkwashington dcrtegymstaplestargetmirror
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Courtyard by Marriott seems brand new with a lovely entry. The desk staff is very efficient and helpful. The room was comfortable and the bedding was plush. Free Internet access is provided. My only disappointment was the restaurant. Since I find Starbucks coffee too strong, I could not enjoy my morning coffee. Breakfast choices were a bit heavy and expensive. Paper cups did not help the atmosphere. The fruit was not fresh. Some of the breakfast booths had their own flat-screen tv's, which was a pleasant touch. If you are staying here to visit Washington, DC, I would try to get closer to the city. It was a 45-55 minute drive to the Washington sights. I booked through Priceline, and the price was quite good ~ under $100 per night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and found both the hotel and room recently renovated. Room was very spacious and clean, carpeting was obviously new and bathroom recenly renovated. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was well worth the cost.

Location was very central to highways and stores, very easy to get into downtown DC or Silver Spring. You will need a car but there are no shortages of restaurants or shopping within a mile of the hotel.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Business_Traveler505
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in September 2011 for three nights. The location of the hotel is okay, about 30 minutes from BWI and close to the highway. There is a shopping center nearby which has grocery store and Taret. There is also a McDonald's and Friendly's adjacent to the shopping center.

The lobby has been nicely remodeled, like other Courtyards. There is a cafe in the lobby which sells a variety of items. There is also a "store" - if you can call it that - in the lobby which sells snacks and other items. I do wish it had the free buffett, but, alas, you are on your own when it comes to breakfast.

Our room was confortable, I really have no issues to report. Everything worked. Everything was clean. Service was good. Free wi-fi was available and my connection was quite fast.

I can recommend this hotel. You will need transportation, as it is not near a train line if you plan to travel around Maryland or into Washington DC.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed at this Hotel in September 2011 and it was not a good experience what so ever. We traveled to a business meeting and took our preschooler. The lobby is updated and looks fine. The staff was ok - with some very friendly and some just plain rude. Breakfast is not included and they charge 8 - 12$ for it. We did get a fruit cup and the grapes underneath the pineapple were (seriously) moldy with white fluff growing on them and dark spots on rotten parts. We were told that they were fresh and that this couldn't be... well, it was! The room was not filthy but had dirt in the corners in form of thick layers of dust and crumbs from at least the last decade. I The porch was obviously neglected by maintenance and housekeeping and had debris all over from ongoing renovations that took place to prepare for a new outside coat of paint for the whole complex. The room smelled musty with and without the AC and the fridge had a different strong odor. The Bathroom was clean but outdated as well. Parts of the furnishing had dents that were tried to cover with the wrong color. We were gone from 9am to 1:45pm when I returned to the room with our exhausted girl to take her nap the room had not been done by housekeeping. We left the room around 6pm and it was not cleaned after. Housekeeping left a bag of towels on the door. The charge per room was 124 per night (again, this did NOT include breakfast) and it sure was not worth that money. I would not even recommend this hotel to my mother-in-law, never the less to any friend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank stacholinzki
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Hotel itself was nice - largely typical of the Courtyard chain. Two things to watch out for: (1) unlike many hotels of this sort that provide free buffet breakfast - good deal and fast - , this has a little counter cafe (initially looks more like a coffee bar) that serves breakfast, and charges. Breakfasts were OK, but a bit slow. The lace also serves a limited dinner menu, but you'll be grateful for it --- it is far from any services a typical traveler would need. Nearest restaurant is Friday's, more than half a mile away. Hotel is completely isolated from everything, which can be a problem when you're traveling.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st flloor are OK - I usually avoid them as noisy, but not here
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business