“One of the MOST tender filets!”
Review of The Classics

The Classics
Ranked #15 of 386 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Classics Restaurant, in Silver Spring MD, is a Zagat top-rated and Washingtonian Magazine "100 Best Restaurants" winner, yearly since 2007. Formerly Ray's The Classics, we continue the tradition of providing the finest premium steaks and seafood menu items at the most approachable pricing in an inclusive atmosphere.
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My husband and I went to Rays for dinner before a concert at the Fillmore. We originally went for their Bistro menu which applies to the bar area. They have a special for an appetizer (choice of 3) and a choice of an entree (3 to choose from), but after reading and asking about the Hanger (which is flavorful but not too tender) I opted for a filet. The good thing is that you get mashed potatoes and creamed spinach when ordered in the Bistro area. The filet is VERY tender and melts in your mouth! On top of that, the service is top notch!

There are newer reviews for The Classics

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Excellent....No Complaints...Just good.

Go for the cowboy cut or the house special. The place is a bit on the expensive side, but definitely worth it for a birthday dinner or a special night. The atmosphere is upscale yet still casual.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Silver Spring. I've been to Ray's a few times, and it never disappoints. The steaks are great and there is a style for any meat-lover (I personally recommend the peppercorn steak). Before the meal, the friendly (but formal) waiter brings some tasty cashews and good bread, which will keep diners happy. The scallops are incredibly fresh, either blackened or buttered. The burgers (only available near the bar) are big and juicy, for a good price. Everything I've had here has been stellar. Great upscale-ish place in DTSS.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We go to Ray's often since our business is in Silver Spring. The 3 course dinner for $23.95 is the best deal around. My husband loves the hanger steak and I go with the scallops ( I do not eat meat). Their cream spinach and mash potatoes are to die for.
They have a great wine list and the regular menu does not break the bank.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife & I went here for a dinner to celebrate our first anniversary (albeit 1 week late....)

The food was very good (not superb). Steaks were tender & flavorful; my wife's was over-done slighly more than she prefered, but she didn't want to fuss. For $32 per steak, I'd rather she should make a polite complaint to the waiter.

Service was almost "too good" -- we felt as if they were in a hurry to have us fed & out the door quickly. However, the did bring our dessert gratis as I'd mentioned the anniversary when making the reservation.