“Pricey and not as good as Olazzo's which is right next door.”
Review of Nicaro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nicaro
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pricey and not as good as Olazzo's which is right next door.”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Pricey and not as good as Olazzo's which is right next door.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Oyster appetizer was good but nothing to write home about. Lamb tagliatelle very good but maybe not quite up to the...”
Reviewed July 2, 2008

Oyster appetizer was good but nothing to write home about. Lamb tagliatelle very good but maybe not quite up to the prices they're charging. Nice atmosphere w/ good music.

Silver Spring, MD
“Fabulous Meal!”
Reviewed May 11, 2008

We loved going to the Tabard Inn when we lived in DC, but haven't been since we moved to Silver Spring. When we heard that the chef from the Tabard Inn had opened his own restaurant near us, we had to try it, and it far exceeded our expectations! The salmon-potato hash with poached eggs was even better than the version at the Tabard Inn. Our service was incredible, and my mimosa was exquisite (made with fresh-squeezed blood oranges). We also loved the hot beignets with fresh whipped cream. I would highly recommend a trip to Nicaro! It was well worth the money.

“excellent food!!! great...”
Reviewed April 13, 2008

excellent food!!! great lil new place

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nicaro is the latest reason to love living near Silver Spring. Look beyond the "Silver Sprung" area to the...”
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Nicaro is the latest reason to love living near Silver Spring. Look beyond the "Silver Sprung" area to the strip of Georgia Ave. that leads to DC. But, before you make the trek into the district, check out what's popped up at the intersection with Silver Spring Ave. The chef from the the Tabard Inn has done himself proud, and I haven't even tried brunch at Nicaro. I've been there for drinks and now for a fabulous dinner that rivals anything you can get after a 20 minute drive and 30 more looking for parking in DC! My friend and I each had salads, both out of this world, and then moved on to the mains. She had the NY strip and smoked gouda croquettes, the former she said was the best she'd ever had, the latter was so decadent that she couldn't eat them all. I had the grilled waluu. Whoa-luu. I'm still trying to figure out what it was and how it was caught, but until I sort that out and pass the information along to the chef......it was stunning. A lot like marlin, whiter than swordfish.......simply too good to be an eco-friendly choice, I'm afraid. Still, it was divine, fresh as can be, barely cooked, out of this world rich and steak-like. We split a dessert of caramel cheesecake....and did I mention that the french sav blanc I had was also phenomenal? Five minutes from the house. Why cook again? Oh, here's reason, you'll go broke eating there. However, to get world-class dining within walking distance from Takoma Park, I'd pay twice the price. :)