“excellent food!!! great...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Nicaro
“excellent food!!! great...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2008

excellent food!!! great lil new place

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nicaro is the latest reason to love living near Silver Spring. Look beyond the "Silver Sprung" area to the...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

Nicaro is the latest reason to love living near Silver Spring. Look beyond the "Silver Sprung" area to the strip of Georgia Ave. that leads to DC. But, before you make the trek into the district, check out what's popped up at the intersection with Silver Spring Ave. The chef from the the Tabard Inn has done himself proud, and I haven't even tried brunch at Nicaro. I've been there for drinks and now for a fabulous dinner that rivals anything you can get after a 20 minute drive and 30 more looking for parking in DC! My friend and I each had salads, both out of this world, and then moved on to the mains. She had the NY strip and smoked gouda croquettes, the former she said was the best she'd ever had, the latter was so decadent that she couldn't eat them all. I had the grilled waluu. Whoa-luu. I'm still trying to figure out what it was and how it was caught, but until I sort that out and pass the information along to the chef......it was stunning. A lot like marlin, whiter than swordfish.......simply too good to be an eco-friendly choice, I'm afraid. Still, it was divine, fresh as can be, barely cooked, out of this world rich and steak-like. We split a dessert of caramel cheesecake....and did I mention that the french sav blanc I had was also phenomenal? Five minutes from the house. Why cook again? Oh, here's reason, you'll go broke eating there. However, to get world-class dining within walking distance from Takoma Park, I'd pay twice the price. :)

Silver Spring, MD
“Great for Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2008

A wonderful new find in the downtown area. I have been there twice in the last month and have found their Sunday brunch to be excellent and reasonably priced. Their staff is very friendly and on the ball. Their dinner menu is very diversified and appears somewhat pricey, but I am looking forward to trying it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Have only eaten here once but it was quite good. Wine is excellent. Will go back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“honest food, nice space...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2008

honest food, nice space, don't expect much in terms of seasoning.