“Cozy good Italian”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Wheaton, Maryland
“Cozy good Italian”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was beginning to despair of finding decent Italian in Montgomery County MD other than Bethesda where the parking is tight but have now been to OIazzo in Silver Spring twice and enjoyed good pasta. This restaurant is SMALL so if you are claustrophobic and are bothered sitting very close to other folks - find another place, but they do take reservations in Silver Spring - highly recommended on weekends. Enjoyed the penne pasta with sausage, wife had it with meatballs -same marinara sauce which is excellent as it doesn't taste of acidic tomato paste like some places do. They make their own bread which is delicious and the entrees come with a small salad. Service is great - amazing to watch the staff maneuver in the tight space. Plenty of food to satisfy!

• Visited February 2013

silver spring, md
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was my choice for my birthday dinner. Could have gone to any restaurant I wanted. I chose my favorite, Olazzo, in Silver Spring, and it was, once again, terrific. Ryan, the bartender, made me one of the best Manhattens I have ever had; and he gave me his tips for making my own at home. My wife, Mary, had a perfect Black Russian.

We started out with the fried calamari; it was heavenly. I casually mentioned to our waitress, Astrid, that my favorite meal was the trout encrusted in pistacios; she took it upon herself to check with the chef and they made that meal especially for me. It was delicious. My wife had her favorite meal - eggplant and mozzarella and peppers - and she thought it to be delicious too. The owner, Betto, stopped by to say Happy Birthday as did several other patrons. Betto sent us a tiramisou dessert that was out of this world.

All of the employees are very friendly and efficient; they make you feel right at home. All in all, this is my favorite restaurant. It simply is the best.

• Visited January 2013
“Good food and ambience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went to Olazzo for dinner with a friend. I ordered Chicken Cardinale. I liked the dried tomatoes in it but I think the chicken was little under-cooked. The portions are really generous. The salad was great and bread was fresh and hot. I may go again.

• Visited December 2012
Plainville, Connecticut, United States
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I chose this restaurant because of the reviews on Tripadvisor but it did not meet expectations. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere though its cramped quarters make it somewhat loud. The service was great which just leaves the food. The fried calamari and the tomato/mozzarella appetizers were delicious as was the bread, however while the four pasta entrees were large, they were all underseasoned and not good. The pesto shrimp was bland and the shrimp tasted odd enough that I took them out after tasting one. The crab and shrimp pasta had an odd flavor and the chicken parmesan was dry. They do not put salt and pepper on the tables but the pesto was much improved with salt. It is interesting that they are so confident in their seasoning that they don't provide salt and pepper for the patrons on the tables.

Visited October 2012
silver spring, md
“This is the Best Italian Restaurant in the Entire D.C. Area”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Visited Olazzo again (have eaten at Olazzo here and in Bethesda dozens of times) with my family. It's simply the best Italian restaurant in the entire D.C. area. It has wonderful martinis and Tuesdays are $5.00 martini nights. The ambiance is oh-so-cozy and everyone from the owner to the hostesses to the servers are so, so friendly. You feel like a welcome guest rather than a paying patron. The food is really, really great. We again had calamari for an appetizer, followed by my favorite - chicken parmigiana - and my girls' favorite chicken cardinale. The meals were delicious. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed. I guarantee it.

• Visited October 2012