“up to my eggspectation :D”
Review of Eggspectation

Eggspectation
Ranked #8 of 379 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“up to my eggspectation :D”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went there twice for breakfast and brunch. Super!
Th blueberry pancakes are delicious and light!
The coffee isn't that good though. I had to refill a couple of times to get the caffeine kick.
There is a dish of pan fried potatoes. Try it. Yummy.
The crepe is very good.
The waffles are yummy, too.
A great place for family gatherings.

• Visited November 2012

Connecticut
“Delicious and different”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

It's all about the eggs. But there are great sandwiches, sweet and savory crepes, delicious desserts. You can sit outdoors or indoors.

Visited April 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“Great meal options all day”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I usually order their breakfast food, but last time I ordered the chicken pasta with avocado cream sauce and was quite pleased. I also enjoy the muffin eruption dessert.

Visited January 2013
New York
“Early bird gets the worm, or egg”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great breakfast spot. It opens really early which is very cool on the weekend.

The crepes with chicken, mushrooms and peppers was really good.

This is my first time but won't be my last time here!

• Visited February 2013
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Dashed Eggspectations”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went to Eggspectation with high hopes. I love breakfast! Verdict--You could do much better elsewhere.

The restaurant does not look like a breakfast restaurant, but looks much more like a typical bar type place, and not a very homey one either.

I originally wanted to get the Eggstravaganza, which is a French Toast, eggs, breakfast meat & potatoes plate. Because I don't like cinnamon on my French Toast, I asked my waitress if I could have it without. Also ordered OJ and a cappuccino. Meantime my two 8-year olds ordered the kids scrambled egg plate and chocolate chip pancakes. My son asked if he could have a hot chocolate for a drink instead of milk/juice, to which our waitress said sure.

15 minutes later, when I expected that the food would be coming back, our waitress returns saying that the cinnamon is already in the batter so I can't have French Toast without. So I switched to Eggsuberant, which is basically the same, but with pancakes instead of French Toast. Overall, with some glitches the food was tasty. The pancakes were very good, but there were only two and they were on the small side. My grilled potatoes were excellent and the OJ was wonderful--fresh squeezed and lower in acid than any other freshly squeezed juice that I've had before. Almost tasted whipped. My son's chocolate chip pancakes were also very good with lots of intense chocolate flavor. However, my daughter's egg plate came with the same grilled potatoes as mine only hers had way too much pepper on them--for me, much less for a child. And despite my cinnamon warning, my capuccino arrived with a very generous sprinkling on top.

So why two stars? The food was very expensive for what you get. Breakfast for an adult and two children shouldn't run to nearly $40. I didn't order one, but $3 for an English muffin?!?! The service was also not good. Aside from the cinnamon gaffe, our waitress neglected to inform me that my son's hot chocolate substitution came at an additional cost of $4.95, with no credit for the drink he didn't get. Also, although the menu says that they add an 18% gratuity to large parties, I was surprised, most unpleasantly, to find that they had added 18% --more than I would have tipped--to my party of 3 bill.

Conclusion--Eggspectation is not worth a visit without a substantial discount coupon.

• Visited January 2013