“Tastee Diner where the locals go.”
Review of Tastee Diner

Tastee Diner
Ranked #56 of 385 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Tastee Diner is opened 24/7. Authentic .Serves breakfast around the clock. Homestyle cooked meals like Grandma used to do. Serves beer and wine, large parties welcomed.

1  Thank lyndsey00
There are newer reviews for Tastee Diner

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Early mornings; late nights; there are times when you just need a diner. In Silver Spring, Tastee is that diner. The first thing that struck me when I walked in is that it is huge inside. Service was fast as you would expect and the food is diner food. I wouldn't go there for a steak (but it's on the menu), but for omelets, hot beef sandwiches or a great BLT this is the place.

1  Thank Denrael
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I visit only a few time, despite living close. The quality of food is not greatest, but the atmosphre is fun!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The art deco greasy spoon decor and "colorful" service are the main attractions here. Most of the food I have tried has been substandard; this includes things like burgers and tuna melts that are hard to mess up. The more substantial meals have a very institutional flavor; they remind me of school lunches. The service is old school Maryland - sometimes friendly, sometimes brusque, but usually interesting.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stopped there for lunch on our first day in Silver Spring. The staff was very warm and welcoming to our family! They took good care of us. My husband ordered the hot turkey sandwich. It was delicious! (He let me try it!) No extra seasoning was needed. So good. I ordered a Swiss mushroom burger. When my order came back to me, they gave me the jalapeno burger. My waitress was on top of it, though, and took care to get me what I ordered. The burger was good, but very grea sy. Just what I expect of diner food. We got our 1 year old the grilled cheese sandwich with apple sauce. She loved the sandwich. The apple sauce was a pleasant surprise. It was homemade with lots of chunks and not a lot of sugar! Perfect for my daughter!

My only "complaint" is that the interior clearly needs some work. The floors are old and look it. The paint needs to be redone. But this is minor in the grand scheme.