This was my 2nd stay within a three week period. The hotel is big and gives the impression it is very welcoming. Looks are deceiving, at first glance we've noticed burgers tossed in the parking lot, broken grey goose bottle and other debris just as we stepped outside our rental. I must admit the front desk staff was very pleasant and the general manager didn't look like he wanted to engage in conversation much with his guests. The breakfast and dinner staff were very caring,polite and fun to enjoy a laugh with.
*Rooms: Again at first glance everything looked so beautiful. Although the room we checked into smelled heavy of smoke. I ignored it and opened up the windows just for the sake that we could get some rest. The windows had dead stink bugs infested in the screens. The kitchen had a nice accent and was very clean until I noticed the disposal was clogged and mentioned it to the front desk. It took roughly 10 minutes before a maintenance guy responded only to ask what the problem was. He then left and another 10 minutes passed when I spoke to the front desk they told me he might have already left, I was furious! He came and apologized. I mentioned there was hair in my bathroom(I'm a 33 year old bald dad of two kids, I have no hair) he apologized for that too. To top it off the bed sheets were really damp,easy to get sick in the conditions of this fluctuating weather this area has.
Overall, polite staff but not enough staff to keep up with presentation of Marriott hotels. I have stayed at plenty other Marriott brands through the east coast and value my platinum status. This hotel is possibly the rookie chain of them all. By far the most unsatisfactory of all the properties I've stayed at. My experience differs from others but as a loyal member to Marriott for 11 years I expect a lot more than a motel 6 replica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit Residence Inn Silver Spring located just 4 miles north of the Capital Beltway. Our spacious suites offers separate sleeping, living and dining areas, full kitchens, pullout sofa beds, large work desks and high speed Internet access. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast daily, or wind down at night at our social hours offered midweek at our Silver Spring hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Silver Spring Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Residence Inn