“Courtyard employees make the difference” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown

Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Courtyard employees make the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last week I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Silver Spring MD and was having breakfast in the hotel. While I was eating several other employees from our company came down to breakfast so we moved tables. I left my iPad on the table under the USA Today and didn't think about it until we were finished with breakfast 30 minutes later. I started to panic and the person working the front desk saw me. She had picked up the iPad and kept it safe for me. That let me know I will always stay at this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I will pass on your comments about our associates. They will certainly appreciate that what they do every day does not go unnoticed. We work very hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay and feel that they are in a safe and secure environment. We look forward to your return visit when in the Silver Spring area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Starbuck, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wonderful property. The staff were very accommodating & friendly. More than willing to help you out. The lobby & room were clean & well appointed. I thought the mattress was really comfortable. Mattresses sometimes give us problems because we have Sleep Number beds, but I liked this one. It's everything I expect in a Marriott property.

The location is really something that made this a great stay for us. Our 7 day metro card only allowed for $3.50 per trip. So our trips into the mall during peak hours cost us $0.05. Most of the time it didn't cost us anything because we didn't travel during peak. The metro location was a walk but not too far. It's a quick trip into DC from Silver Spring & since it's far enough out, you can almost always get a seat.

There is lots of dining & entertainment in the area. There is a Whole Foods Market right across the street that was excellent. We had salad bar & buffet from there and really enjoyed the food & the small hit to the wallet!

I would absolutely stay again & recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm so glad you are taking advantage of our proximity to DC and all that the surrounding area has to offer. We appreciate all of your comments and continue to strive to provide the very best experience to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Silver Spring.
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at this location prior to a concert in the area. Our room was much nicer than expected with new decor. It was pretty big and very clean. Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion was provided. Parking in the attached lot was free on the weekend. A short walk to the downtown area, and a 10 minute walk to the metro station (and therefore an easy way to get to D.C.). The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast at the bistro was not too terribly priced. Will definitely return next time we are in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm so glad you found our staff and accommodations to your liking. We appreciate all of your comments and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.
West Chester, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is one of the newer designed Courtyard hotels, which I prefer. No frills to speak about, but the room is plenty large enough and the lobby is good. Right around the corner is a "downtown area" with lots of dining and shopping choices. The exercise facility is good. A few blocks to the metro for access to DC.I'll stay there again when I'm in the area. The only negative....a really noisy HVAC unit in the room. I had to turn it off at night...rattled like crazy.

Room Tip: Great Korean place around the corner in the downtown area. I forget the name, but it's upstairs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your comments. I'm sorry that you experienced an issue with our HVAC unit in the guest room. I have made our Maintenance Manager aware of this so we can repair that right away. I think the restaurant you are referring to is the Pho Hiep Hoa on Ellsworth Ave. Your right, they do have great food. Again, we appreciate all of your comments and continue to strive to provide the very best experience to our guests. We look forward to your next trip to Silver Spring.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times on business. Great downtown location within an easy walk to many restaurants, shops, etc. Friendly employees and the usual Marriott quality rooms. Attached parking garage makes parking very easy. About a ten minute walk to the Metro station and five minute drive to the Beltway make this a great location.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the parking garage rather than the street if you want it very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with our hotel and that you continue to come back. We appreciate all of your comments and continue to strive to provide the very best experience to our guests. We look forward to your next trip to Silver Spring.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm checking out tomorrow after another 6 night stay. I had an issue with the shower that Abby had fixed in under 30 minutes - she is awesome! My reservation came with free breakfast, which was a great start to the day :) The staff is always helpful and Abby always remembers me, even though I am sure she must see so many faces. I always feel welcomed and valued when I stay here. I have stayed at many different Marriott properties and it is certainly one of the best. Thank you Abby and everyone else!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
John,
Welcome Back! I'm glad you were again satisfied with the service that was provided while you were a guest of the Courtyard. Abby will be pleased to know she has been recognized and I will make sure she see's your comments. As always if you noticed anything that we could be doing better, please let me know. We look forward to your return visit.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an excellent location if you're visiting Washington. It's a quick ride to Washington, there are a ton of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. It's a good value too; less expensive than Washington Hotels and the parking instead of $40/day as I've paid in the past, is substantially less. Great fitness center too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silver Spring
Homewood Suites Silver Spring
#3 of 12 in Silver Spring
4.0 of 5 stars 412 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring

Been to Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown? Share your experiences!