Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
$101
$127
$85
Travelocity
All reviewswashington sports clubwhole foodsacross the streethealth clubparking garagethird floorfenton sthotel entrancefarmers marketfew blockssilver spring downtownwithin walking distanceheart of downtownroom was spaciouslocation is excellenteach morningmovie theaters
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very nice hotel. Clean room, great housekeeping and front desk staff. Very nice lobby with multiple TVs and free news papers. Parking is $8-ish per day and free on weekends. I had a suite on the corner and it had a flat screen LG TV in both the bedroom and living room. There was a mini fridge, sink, and microwave. Convent to several restaurants and a Starbucks....walk across the street.

Manager was attentive to any suggestions on my stay....very nice woman.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Travel-n-Mark
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was in Silver Spring for the weekend looking for an apartment and had my last appointment on Monday morning at 10am. I made arrangements with the hotel for a 1pm checkout. When I got back to the hotel at noon I found the cleaning crew in my room finishing up and they threw out all my papers I had gotten from the various apartments I looked at and my food and water in the fridge assuming I left. I called the front desk and was transferred to the manager who was very rude. She told me it was my fault because I did not leave my luggage in the room and the cleaning crew always assumes the room is vacated if there is no luggage even if there is a late checkout.... She also told me I could go through their garbage to look for my stuff.... I should be able to remove my luggage when ever I want and Marriott should not ASSUME I left until after I checked out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Jessie S
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

I'm sorry about the challenges you faced while staying at our hotel. From your feedback it looks like even with our attempts to resolve the issue it did not change your feelings about your overall stay. I apologize if you felt I was rude during out conversation. It is certainly never my intention to come across rude while trying to resolve any issues we face. We value your business and want you to know that we are truly sorry that this stay did not meet your expectation. I hope you were successful in your search to find an apartment for your son and when visiting this area in the future please give us another opportunity to make a better impression upon you.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We had a lovely stay at the hotel while I daughter was participating in the Odyssey of the Minds World Competition at the Univeristy of Maryland. She stayed on campus, we stayed at the Courtyard-we won! :D

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CarolinaGirl056
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and location. I hope your daughter did well at the competition and I'm glad we were a perfect fit for this trip. It is our sincere hope that when travelling to the Silver Spring area you will again give us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We are Marriott rewards customers and chose this hotel for the easy commute to Catholic University. The staff at this hotel were extremely courteous, friendly and accomodating. We had a late check in without a hitch, and a clean, comfortable room with many amenitites for our stay. We left some belongings behind and the housekeeping staff sent them back to us exactly as we left them, as soon as we returned home. The Whole Foods directly outside the door has a hot/cold buffet to please every diner. Convenient, free garage parking and quick and easy shopping or travel to DC make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cathy K

Thank you for your kinds words about our hotel and surrounding area. I agree we have the perfect spot for many different activities in the area and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your comments to the associates and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

perfect location for our visits -- easy access to metro - and downtown silver spring has surely come a long way -- nice rooms and staff --- bright and comfortable lobby --

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends