See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2019

Very bad experience! We were assigned to a smoking room even we booked the non-smoking room online. The room is old and dirty. A lot of stuff are broken. No hairdryer in the room, you have to ask! This is the worst hotel I have ever lived in. DO NOT STAY THERE!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Broken furniture, protruding object from under bed, thin walls, lots of noise, trash on grounds. This location needs a more attractive look from outside in. Very thin walls, poor internet and TV reception. Last minute trip for business. Chose this location because of pricing and short distance to work assignment. Bad decision. Requesting refund, points or free stay at an upgraded Wyndham location.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

I booked this place for two days with my family. My child get sick because of the smell and didn’t get recovered for three days. I decided to leave the hotel and booked another one. I will not recommend anyone to this place.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
641josepho, Front Office Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

First,we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. we have shared your comment with our staffs so that we can raise the standard of the hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

The only good thing I can say about this place is the maids do a good job with cleaning this runner down hotel. Would be better if they just bulldozed the place and start over. I had booked a handicap room weeks prior, possibly 6 to 8 weeks prior. When we arrived he didn’t have a handicap room gave me a room on the second floor. The second floor. It was terrible caring my walker up a flight of stairs. And how you could consider this handicap accessible I don’t now. Where the staircase Is The distance between the staircase and the wall is too narrow for a wheelchair to pass. The air-conditioning didn’t work right, I almost got burned in the shower because the cold and hot are in reverse, The shower was miserable. You couldn’t get enough water pressure through it to beat the shampoo out of your hair. The toilet was wobbly and loose. If you were not careful you to fall off the toilet.There wasn’t a coffee pot, which is OK because the coffee was terrible ones we got one. There is no breakfast offered as in the advertisement. There’s no swimming pool because they concreted in recently. We reported all the problems with the room. The next day the only thing that got fixed was the toilet.
We will not be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
641josepho, Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

First of all thank you for your review, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. we have shared you comment with our employees so that we can improve our service.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

I would never stay at this facility again or trust TripAdvisor opinion when booking a room in an area I am not familiar with. The facility needed to be painted, it had peeling wall paper and rust due to lack of maintenance.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review, we have shared your concerns with our employees so that we can improve our service.