“Room for improvement” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This was the most disgusting place I have ever seen. My fiancé and I wanted to stay in a place near DC to visit the monuments, but little did we know what happen. This should not have travelers staying there. It is without question a drug/prostitute motel. The floor was not vacuumed, the sheats were stained, and we did not feel safe. We ended up getting a Marriot in Arlington which was beautiful. The neighborhood near the Teavelodge was not a place to be walking around at night.

• Stayed August 2013
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Boise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I chose the Days Inn/Silver Spring hoping that it would be a clean, inexpensive site for my son and me to stay at during our family visit to the East coast. I encountered insects, barely-functioning A/C units, and a facility that was on its last legs. Our customer support guide/check-in person had to come to our rooms to show us how to open the door of my son's room--because it barely functioned. My room door worked when I pressed it down; my son's door worked only when the desk clerk showed us that sometimes the door opened only when we pulled it up. I found insects in my sink: a juvenile cockroach, and a very mature tick (so far as I could tell.) I will NEVER stay at another Days Inn, especially the one in Silver Spring. When I arrived home, my wife insisted that I leave my luggage in the garage. I had to inspect, spray, and wash any clothes I took on my trip before they were allowed in our house. I suggest that NO ONE should stay in this unit until it is totally refurbished, certified "insect free" by a nationally-recognized extermination company, and inspected by the Silver Spring, MD health inspector. I am embarrassed that I booked a night in this unit. I can't imagine what the Days Inn management was thinking when they last visited this unit. Shame on them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
#4 of 12 in Silver Spring
4.0 of 5 stars 300 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North

Been to Travelodge Silver Spring? Share your experiences!