“Not as good as I remembered it to be.”

Woodside Delicatessen
Ranked #49 of 386 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My burger was black on the outside and quite pink inside, despite my well-done request. When the waitress inquired whether the burger was cooked as I had ordered it, I told her no, it was medium. She apologized, full-on laughed and walked away. The woman at the cash register did not look at me at all, mumbled "how was everything?," to which I did not reply. She put my money in the drawer and walked away without so much as a thank you, goodbye, nothing. This is not the friendly neighborhood place with the good food I remembered it to be.

1  Thank Allan S
There are newer reviews for Woodside Delicatessen

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Terrific diner breakfasts, decent burgers and sandwiches, but dinners are pretty bad, with pasty instant potatoes and poorly reheated frozen food for the main dishes.

2  Thank Stacey W
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this deli....the food and service were very good. I especially loved the New York feel of the Deli with the many many pictures of the past on the walls....It felt like home here and I much prefer this deli to the Parkway Deli in Silver Springs. It has a wonderful menu and it was fun to see all the pictures...after eating we went around the room reminiscing about past events, past movies and celebrities....and brought back many memories for me....I

1  Thank dclady27
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have eaten here very many times. The most recent was just two days ago with a friend. It's very good, but not great. The menu is quite extensive and there is something for everyone. My friend ate the open-faced steak sandwich, while I had the open-face turkey dinner (my favorite, here). Both were very good.

The service is very efficient, but not very friendly.

There ambiance is interesting - lots of old-time photos line the walls.

The prices are very reasonable.
It's good and cheap, so when that's what you're looking for, give it a try.

1  Thank IAP65
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Perfect for lunch. Good food, reasonable prices, interesting decor and friendly service. A cozy little spot to grab a quick bite and catch up.