“Average Cuban cuisine with very friendly service”
Review of Cubanos

Cubanos
Ranked #18 of 417 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went out with a friend to try their lunch...was immediately greeted with a friendly 'buenos dias' at the entrance and given a choice to sit on the outdoor veranda or inside. Service was extremely prompt, menu entrees in the $10-$15 range, drinks were constantly filled with no upselling gimmicks, and server split the check with no hassle. Ordered the carne asada...it came with 3 flour tortillas and all the relevant Latin sides except for cheese. Average taste but I was hungry so ate the whole thing..fortunately without lingering gastric disturbances. Convenient location near a storied parking garage and medical center.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I was spending my birthday in the DC area, before i went back home I wanted good cuban food. Oh they were four people in the restaurant and i actually had to stand up find my waiter to order. They took 30 minutes for our bad rice n beans n ropavieja... It was awful. I would never go back!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went in knowing nothing about the flavors of Cuba. However, I am now completely obsessed with Cuban food! I ordered their famous Mojito. It was not good, at all. It tasted like pure liquor with no hints of the mint in the glass. Furthermore, the sugar stayed un-melted on the bottom of the glass. I noticed when i walked in that they had these pre-made on the bar, where all they had to do was add the liquor. That's just laziness to me. Drinks like this should be made fresh, to order. For appetizers we ordered the Mariquitas con Mojo (not very good) and the Empanaditas Olga (divine!). For our entree we had Fricasé de Pollo (my new obsession! So flavorful and the chicken fell off the bone!) and the Mi Tierra (Combo Sampler) which was also very good. The service was top notch. Very friendly servers. We ate outside and it was great for people watching on a cool evening. Despite my criticizims, I highly recommend.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I heard many bad reviews about Cubano's. I got a $25 dollar gift card (free! from eversave by signing up)and decided to give it a try.The food is average in comparison to other cuban restaurants I've been too. I got the camarones al ajillo; they were good, but too greasy. The yellow rice seemed to be poorly cooked white rice with yellow food coloring. I really looked for the ham in the "ham croquetas", but didn't find it. I will say that their mojito has been THE strongest mojito I've had in years. These mojitos will either get you going or shut you down for the night.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've been here twice and really enjoyed it. The signature mojitos are good & strong. The aroma coming from the restaurant is amazing. Its difficult to decide what to order because everything on the menu has a delicious description. The first time I had a house special with beef, pork & chicken, beans, rice & plantains. All were delicious with plenty for leftovers!!! The second time I shared paella and it was good. The seafood was fresh & cooked to perfection. The only thing keeping this dish from excellent was it didn't have the crunchy rice bottom.