“Took our Samantha there”

Samantha's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 437 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Our family of three went for dinner. This is a Mexican fine dining restaurant and well worth the Uber ride or drive from downtown Silver Spring MD. The restaurant has the typical Mexican food you’d expect, as well as specialized beef, chicken, and pork dishes. My husband started with a delicious mojito. He had the chimichanga. I had the tacos and our daughter had the cheese quesadilla. All were outstanding in flavor, portion size, and presentation. Wish we had room for dessert, as I was dying to try the fried iced cream. While I have a self-imposed rule to never visit the same restaurant twice while visiting a city, I just may make an exception for this gem!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Samantha has been a cut above the usual Tex-Mex place for years. I most often get the Ceviche (plain, not the mixto) and a Corona. Today's wasn't quite up to the standard of the past, bit maybe that's because it was busier than usual. Still a terrific place.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

Out of all the restaurants we have tried in Silver Spring, we like this one the best! Warm salsa that is made fresh daily, excellent dishes that excite the taste buds, and great drinks will keep you coming back for more. Definitely enjoyed our meal!

Reviewed March 23, 2018

On March 19, 2018, we visited Samantha's Mexican Restaurant. What a delightful surprise. I ordered the shrimp and scallops enchiladas, and my husband had the chicken burrito. There were large scallops and shrimp, instead of tiny pieces hidden by cheaper vegetables. My husband's burrito was solid chicken, not beans/rice filler (which is also fine). And the salsa? Warm, slightly creamy, totally delicious. The prices were reasonable, too. Back home, the prices for such dishes would be much higher, especially any dish with seafood.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Food lacked flavor though it appeared in plentiful quantities. Service was very pleasant and efficient.