“Good food good service”

Mandalay Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #9 of 377 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Albany, California
“Good food good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

What more can you ask for? And close to downtown Silver Spring. We usually order the noodle dishes in the lunch set. Food are not as oily as some other places, which is a good sign. And the staff are always nice.

• Visited January 2013

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Genial staff and tasty dishes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently ate at the Mandalay Restaurant with my sister and a cousin. We had a week night dinner together, and had a lovely evening. The restaurant is on a side street in Silver Spring, with parking on the street or in a small off-street free lot very near the restaurant. The decor is simple but cheerful, and the staff were so very welcoming, all smiles and quiet congeniality. The menu is maybe a bit challenging for someone unfamiliar with Burmese cuisine, but the waiter helped us choose. The food was VERY delicious and ever so slightly unusual! And we got a bottle of nice wine to share with the meal. Passed on dessert, but will definitely save room next time. I plan to return and sample other dishes on the menu. A real find.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LauraGee2012
Washington, DC
“Great food at a resonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We started with the Green Tealeaf Salad. No matter what Burmese restaurant we've been to, this is always one of the best things on the menu. I had the WetThat MoteGyinChin Gyaw (sliced pork with sour mustard) while my wife had PaZun Ohnno Hin (shrimp in coconut curry sauce). Both entrees were superb. And the prices were quite reasonable. No wonder it's rated number 1 in Silver Spring.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank WashingtonWanderer
Baltimore, Maryland
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

A little bit expensive but food is awesome. The Burmese salads are just incredible. This is really tasty. Desserts just ok- get another salad instead, noodles, thinking about it is making me hungry.

1 Thank baltimooron
Silver Spring, Maryland
“First and last visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just got home from my first visit to Mandalay. My wife and I had one of the worst lunch meals I can remember. I tried the fried rice with tofu & shrimp.....OMG it was over priced for the amount of shrimp & tofu. The dish itself lacked taste and imagination. My wife had a salad that she said tasted like coleslaw.

• Visited November 2012